THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions F22 coding cheat sheet

07-27-2017, 09:23 AM   #1849
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux2005 View Post
Am I going to need updated eSys and PSDZData for my 2017 M2 than I used for my 2014 228i? I would expect I'd need at least newer data?

Can I get links to any of the necessary updates?

Thanks!
Coding: (No Request) Latest Software Links

You will likely need PSdZ update.
Appreciate 1
tux2005234.00
      07-27-2017, 11:37 AM   #1850
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux2005 View Post
Am I going to need updated eSys and PSDZData for my 2017 M2 than I used for my 2014 228i? I would expect I'd need at least newer data?

Can I get links to any of the necessary updates?

Thanks!
PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 1
tux2005234.00
      07-27-2017, 02:35 PM   #1851
bmw_fascinated
Private
Rep
Drives: F22 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_fascinated View Post
I had my car coded today for led turn lights, but the LEDs are not working.
Normal bulbs work, but the LEDs just stay dark. The LEDs and the electrical connection are fine.
Could it be that the voltage is reversed?
I had Warm and Kaltüberwachung coded off, the pwm_level1 set to 89 and the Ueberspannungsschutz off as well as Is_LED set to active.

Any suggestions?

I only rarely see that UE_SPG_SCHUTZ is set to nicht aktive, could this be an issue?
Tried different LEDs but still no luck.
Solution: Had to reverse the polarity / re-solder the socket - great job valeo...
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2017, 09:35 PM   #1852
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark715 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuQutaita View Post
Does decoding 5AP (aka anti-dazzle) work actually as expected?

For other models, I've seen people comment that the US headlights are no longer the same as the euro ones, so decoding 5AP can actually blind oncoming drivers (source). But from looking at realoem for MY15 M235i (as well as MY17 M240i), it appears that the part numbers were always different between the US and Europe.

It seems like 8S4 is safe to decode, but maybe we should be actively adivising people against decoding 5AP.
Before I ordered my 235 I was told if I ordered automatic high beams, I could have the car coded to turn on the anti dazzle feature, and about 6 weeks ago it appears (at least to me) I was able to do so using the Expert Menu in Bimmercode.

My lights seem to be doing much of what's described in the videos that BMW released describing the anti-dazzle feature, although another forum member (Almaretto) told me I may be blinding other drivers because the U.S. spec headlights don't have the microshutters that the Euro spec does.

But based on the light pattern I see and the lack of opposing drivers flashing their lights at me, that does not appear to be the case, although I don't want to imply Almaretto is incorrect as he knows far more about these lights and coding than I do.

My own guess is that my lights are doing "something like" what the European Anti-Dazzle lights do, but perhaps not as well as a car equipped with the Euro spec headlights.

Based on my experience I would encourage you to try it and let us know what you think. If you don't like the results you can always revert back to the factory setting.

I do have to say that both my GF and I feel very strongly that the changes to the headlights are terrific and unquestionably increase visibility and safety as well as dramatically increase the ability of the automatic highbeam feature.
Your car (pre-LCI) has Bi-Xenon correct?

Do yourself and the drivers who have to share the road with you a favor.

Position your car 10-20 feet from a wall. With the light switch in auto and the HBA OFF, manually push the high beam stalk forward to the on position. If you don't see the exact same pattern as the attached image, please remove the coding for GFHB.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Almaretto2374.00
      10-09-2017, 08:29 PM   #1853
Blucar1
@nycarguy
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 228i M-Spt 18' X2

Hey everyone,
Just got BimmerCode and did some basic coding on my car. I know it has an Expert Mode that openes it up to manually code. Wanted to know if:
1.) It works the same way as E-sys.
2.) Could I utilize what’s in the cheat sheet with the expert mode?
3.) Can anyone link me to the most updated version of the coding cheat sheet?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #1854
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blucar1 View Post
Hey everyone,
Just got BimmerCode and did some basic coding on my car. I know it has an Expert Mode that openes it up to manually code. Wanted to know if:
1.) It works the same way as E-sys.
2.) Could I utilize what’s in the cheat sheet with the expert mode?
3.) Can anyone link me to the most updated version of the coding cheat sheet?

Thanks
Yes. Works same way. See OP for link.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 11:31 PM   #1855
42395_skyline
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

So I had to re-code my car because of dealer update. Got a good amount of questions if anyone can help.

Code:
GWF_SBR_WARNDAUER 00
I read this should make the seat belt gong once, but it's not working. I also tried setting it to 01 with same results. Just to be sure, this is for when you first turn on the car correct? I disabled the driver seat belt reminder (which I assume is for when you are driving without the seat belt and that reminder comes on) and left passenger reminder because I always want to make sure seat belts are on in the car. Should I be setting this code to nicht_aktiv?
Quote:
Initialwarnung_GWF_IW

Quote:
Ambiente_Helligkeit 99
I am set to classic lighting and don't notice a difference at all. pikcachu has said that "Yes. It works. And it's really noticeable" on post #239 but I don't notice a change.

Code:
Blinkzyklen_anzahl_tip 04
This code I had before working perfectly for 5 blinks but now it's not working at all. I coded it 3 times with no luck. I'm going to try again tomorrow but if anyone has any input as to why it's still only blinking 3 times I would appreciate it.

Can you code the sunroof and windows closing at the SAME time using CA or FOB instead of the windows first THEN the sunroof?

Can you code CA and FOB windows/roof open/close to open/close 100% as soon as it's activated instead of needing to hold the button the entire time?

Quote:
GOOGLE_LOCAL_VOICE_SEARCH aktiv
Where exactly should this option be in the car? I don't see it.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 12:58 AM   #1856
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42395_skyline View Post
So I had to re-code my car because of dealer update. Got a good amount of questions if anyone can help.

Code:
GWF_SBR_WARNDAUER 00
I read this should make the seat belt gong once, but it's not working. I also tried setting it to 01 with same results. Just to be sure, this is for when you first turn on the car correct? I disabled the driver seat belt reminder (which I assume is for when you are driving without the seat belt and that reminder comes on) and left passenger reminder because I always want to make sure seat belts are on in the car. Should I be setting this code to nicht_aktiv?

I am set to classic lighting and don't notice a difference at all. pikcachu has said that "Yes. It works. And it's really noticeable" on post #239 but I don't notice a change.

Code:
Blinkzyklen_anzahl_tip 04
This code I had before working perfectly for 5 blinks but now it's not working at all. I coded it 3 times with no luck. I'm going to try again tomorrow but if anyone has any input as to why it's still only blinking 3 times I would appreciate it.

Can you code the sunroof and windows closing at the SAME time using CA or FOB instead of the windows first THEN the sunroof?

Can you code CA and FOB windows/roof open/close to open/close 100% as soon as it's activated instead of needing to hold the button the entire time?

Where exactly should this option be in the car? I don't see it.

Thanks in advance.
Use Launcher Cheat codes and all desired functions will be available/easily coded.

Yes, you can both adjust initiation delay as well as timing of various windows.

Mirrors are all or nothing, but there is no way to code no-hold windows. You can though disable window safety to use one-touch closing or opening when doors opened.

Adjusting blinks has not worked since 3.61. With newer firmware, you are out of luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 10:05 PM   #1857
42395_skyline
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Use Launcher Cheat codes and all desired functions will be available/easily coded.

Yes, you can both adjust initiation delay as well as timing of various windows.

Mirrors are all or nothing, but there is no way to code no-hold windows. You can though disable window safety to use one-touch closing or opening when doors opened.

Adjusting blinks has not worked since 3.61. With newer firmware, you are out of luck.
Thanks, I will look into launcher cheat codes, haven't heard of that.

Is the delay code the one for rear windows and roof? I don't see anything in the f22 cheat sheet about delay between the front windows and roof.

Thanks, I have it enabled to use one touch when doors are open already.

No way If I knew that I would of never got the software updated. That was by request from me because of glitches I had. Was NOT worth it. There is no possible way to downgrade I'm assuming.. Was that change done on purpose? Is there a place to see change logs so I can know for the future?

Thanks for all the help!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 10:09 PM   #1858
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I will look into launcher cheat codes, haven't heard of that.

Is the delay code the one for rear windows and roof? I don't see anything in the f22 cheat sheet about delay between the front windows and roof.

Thanks, I have it enabled to use one touch when doors are open already.

No way If I knew that I would of never got the software updated. That was by request from me because of glitches I had. Was NOT worth it. There is no possible way to downgrade I'm assuming.. Was that change done on purpose? Is there a place to see change logs so I can know for the future?

Thanks for all the help!
Cheat Codes.

There are separate FDL's for opening and closing initiation delay as well as delay between front/rear and rear/roof.

Downgrades are possible. Only BMW knows why there was the change. There are never release notes/change logs.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 10:21 PM   #1859
42395_skyline
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Cheat Codes.

There are separate FDL's for opening and closing initiation delay as well as delay between front/rear and rear/roof.

Downgrades are possible. Only BMW knows why there was the change. There are never release notes/change logs.
Thanks!

Got it. I guess it's just a learn from situations like mine kind of thing. How and what exactly needs to be downgraded? Other than simple coding from the cheat sheet, I don't know much about how it works or what everything is called. I also don't know what version I had before? I guess anything where the blinks works...

Do you happen to know if they also changed the auto blip downshifting? I swear it was perfect before the upgrade. Now it only works half the time and I have to hit the brakes first to activate it. I am pretty sure I used to use it from coasting without needing the brake.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 10:25 PM   #1860
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks!

Got it. I guess it's just a learn from situations like mine kind of thing. How and what exactly needs to be downgraded? Other than simple coding from the cheat sheet, I don't know much about how it works or what everything is called. I also don't know what version I had before? I guess anything where the blinks works...

Do you happen to know if they also changed the auto blip downshifting? I swear it was perfect before the upgrade. Now it only works half the time and I have to hit the brakes first to activate it. I am pretty sure I used to use it from coasting without needing the brake.
Flash programming requires Full PSdZ and a programming PSU (13.5+ V & 50-70+ amps). You also potentially risk bricking expensive ECU's.

I do not know if anything was changed on shifting. As no release notes exists, it is all subjective reports.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 08:22 PM   #1861
42395_skyline
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Flash programming requires Full PSdZ and a programming PSU (13.5+ V & 50-70+ amps). You also potentially risk bricking expensive ECU's.

I do not know if anything was changed on shifting. As no release notes exists, it is all subjective reports.
Well guess it's too risky... thanks. I'll have to live with my mistake
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 08:59 PM   #1862
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Well guess it's too risky... thanks. I'll have to live with my mistake
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 12:24 PM   #1863
Djaak1974
Rep
Drives: M235i

Do I need to upgrade E-Sys 3.26.1

Hi,

I have E-Sys 3.26.1 working and have coded my car, a very long time ago BUT

I want to do some coding again and want to know if I need to upgrade to the latest E-Sys to get any extra features. I am interested in the built in cheats etc. etc. and not sure if I can do that with 3.26.1 Upgrading from 3.26.1 is painfull as I need to go through the whole process of uninstalling, new psdzdatafile and Token etc. as well ?

ALSO : I see a few cheat sheets etc. around . The one from Picachu seems the most comprehensive for my M235i.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 12:25 PM   #1864
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djaak1974 View Post
Hi,

I want to do some coding again and want to know if I need to upgrade to the latest E-Sys to get any extra features. I am interested in the built in cheats etc. etc. and not sure if I can do that with 3.26.1 Upgrading from 3.26.1 is painfull as I need to go through the whole process of uninstalling, new psdzdatafile and Token etc. as well ?

ALSO : I see a few cheat sheets etc. around . The one from Picachu seems the most comprehensive for my M235i.

Thanks
Update everything. PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2017, 12:26 PM   #1865
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djaak1974 View Post
Hi,

Thanks
If car has not be updated, then you need nothing new.

If it has, upgrade to 3.27.1 and Launcher 2.7.1. Launcher provides features, not E-sys.
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2017, 02:41 PM   #1866
m240nj
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i

Hi all. I previously coded my 2015 428i but it's been a while. I just purchased a 2017 F22 and definitely need to get coding! Could somebody please send me the link for the newest software with built in cheats and all? Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 08:08 PM   #1867
4GCRacer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe

Apple CarPlay

I have a M240i with Nav. Is there a way to add Apply CarPlay without going to BMW?

I have the BimmerCode App.

Andy
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 08:10 PM   #1868
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GCRacer View Post
I have a M240i with Nav. Is there a way to add Apply CarPlay without going to BMW?

I have the BimmerCode App.

Andy
If you have ID5/ID6 with Nov '16 software or later, then yes, it can be added. It is less expensive to do with E-sys.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 08:43 PM   #1869
4GCRacer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe

Quote:
If you have ID5/ID6 with Nov '16 software or later, then yes, it can be added. It is less expensive to do with E-sys.
I have ID5 with latest software. I already have Bimmercode App and have done expert mode programming. Is there some other activation code I need, FSC?

Andy
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #1870
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GCRacer View Post
I have ID5 with latest software. I already have Bimmercode App and have done expert mode programming. Is there some other activation code I need, FSC?

Andy
Carplay is either provisioned through ConnectedDrive or enabled with an FSC code. The ladder can either be loaded via flash drive or E-sys. Then, you will need to do some coding.
Appreciate 0