THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions What can I code on a 2020 M240ix vert?

05-29-2023, 09:50 PM   #1
crabu2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Truck and ...

What can I code on a 2020 M240ix vert?

Use to have a 2017 230ix vert, but the deer took it a few years ago. Was finally ready to replace it with a new convertible, but found out they 2021 was the last year. Couldn't find a 2021, so picked up a 2020 M240ix convertible. Now need to know what I can code.

Last week, I picked up a TOPDON Phoenix Plus scan tool, which is bi-directional. I'm guessing here, but I should be able to use it to code. My issue now is I don't pick the car up till this coming weekend and I don't know what I can code on this vehicle.

I was told I could code in for brighter LEDs, since it has the adaptive LED headlamps. I'd also like to code in for voice to text text messaging and auto folding mirrors, which I had coded in my past 2017.

Anyone know what codes I need to set to get these 3 options?

Thanks!!
      05-30-2023, 08:54 AM   #2
jzeiler4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i xDrive vert

Lots of stuff. Just take an afternoon and read through this forum and you will see tons of things to code. Don't know about your TOPDON unit but I have used a BT OBDII dongle and the Bimmercode apps on my phone. Lots of You Tube videos on coding as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 05:07 AM   #3
boldorider4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i F22

Quick way of finding out:
  1. Get an ENET cable
  2. Get a Win PC and install BimmerUtility (99 USD but it's worth it because it's the one tool to date that has updated CAFD mapping for every module up to 2023)
  3. Read CAFD from every ECU with BimmerUtility
  4. Search for several features and see what the possibilities are
  5. Do not set individual values but do some research on this forum to see if someone has worked on those features before
  6. Modify whatever it is you would like to have...retrofitting opportunities on FXX series are humongous!
Appreciate 0