THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery First time order placed

06-30-2014, 01:49 PM   #89
pan0205
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '20 BMW M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONYH215 View Post
Thanks! I'm sure you'll be more than pleased with the M235i. Actually, I'm sure I would've too. But I knew going into it that I'd be turning it back in after 3 years so I figured why wait?

Well, you never know. They may be motivated to get it sold, but I know they are only showing 1 other M235i in their inventory so they may try to play the "this is a rare car" card and sell it for top dollar. They told me the only reason they gave me the deposit back is because they can make more money off it selling to someone else so like I said, buyers beware.

When I first went to them, I was actually able to talk them down to 6% +tags, taxes, fees... I was just really turned off by their sales pitch and person I was dealing with. I would be tempted to go and take yours so I wouldn't have to wait, but really don't want to deal with that dealer again.

Anyways, congrats on the car!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 02:43 PM   #90
Shakes
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONYH215 View Post
Whoops. Found a 911 Turbo. I knew eventually I'd work my way into one of these. I kept looking at them while waiting for my car to be built. I ended up finding this one in NY and couldn't resist. I had the M235i released from me and got my deposit back on Thursday, got the pricing haggled down to a point where I felt like it was worth the trip and went to Purchase today. 2002 911 turbo, 35k miles, sport seats, CF trim throughout. The M235i would've been a great fun car, but there really is no substitute, and once I test drove one a few weeks ago, I was hooked. Til next time 2addicts.

curiou: how muh did that go for? pics of interior as well
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 06:45 PM   #91
TONYH215
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan0205 View Post
When I first went to them, I was actually able to talk them down to 6% +tags, taxes, fees... I was just really turned off by their sales pitch and person I was dealing with. I would be tempted to go and take yours so I wouldn't have to wait, but really don't want to deal with that dealer again.

Anyways, congrats on the car!
That's pretty impressive. Maybe I just have a terrible game face. It was pretty brutal trying to get them down on price. I had initially tried to get a MG one they had on their lot with 100+ miles on it. I could barely get $1k off of that, and that was before I knew about the $1k incentive, and they neglected to tell me about it. As it turns out, my father is supposed to be starting at BMW of Fairfax soon so if I'm ever trying to get a BMW again, he can't rip me off since I know where he lives.

The power in the Porsche is ridiculous. The car handles like it's on rails. Having the engine over the rear wheels is such a unique feeling. The interior is a bit dated, it has a tape player and a DVD based NAV system that's 12 years outdated, but honestly none of it bothers me. Sitting in that car, you're basically sitting on the ground, such a low center of gravity, everything is very well organized ergonomically. I honestly couldn't be happier to finally have one of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakes View Post
curiou: how muh did that go for? pics of interior as well
I bought from a Porsche dealer in NY, they were asking $47,900, I got them down to $44,000. It's not immaculate, but damn close for a 12 year old car. It needs tires but I think it was worth the price considering it has the sport seats, 35k miles, and all the CF which was originally about a $6k option. Crazy thing is the sticker on it was almost $134k when new. I feel bad for whoever took the depreciation hit on it.
Appreciate 0