THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes spacers make 228i rub??

04-09-2021, 07:30 PM   #1
BelugaaF22
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i N20

spacers make 228i rub??

hi,

I was wondering if anyone on here has 10mm or higher spacers on their 228i? I have them and it really improves the look of the stance but my issue is that going over several sudden bumps on the road (not potholes, just uneven pavement) will cause the back (I believe) to rub. I am contemplating on getting the dinan lowering springs in hopes of making the car stiffer to hopefully negate the rubbing. is this a viable option?

after lowering the car, would spacers still be a good idea? I think someone on this forum is running dinan lowering springs and spacers but can't remember who... if anyone knows or if you're that person, could you give me your thoughts? appreciate it
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 08:32 PM   #2
JY01
JY01
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition xDrive

I ran 15mm spacers all around with style 461M wheels, had no problems on stock ride height but after lowering on H&R springs my fronts rubbed on the fender. If I rolled the fenders or sized down to a 10 or 12mm spacer it would've fixed the issue
Appreciate 0