THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Help with sizing custom wheels.

03-06-2021, 02:23 PM   #1
HogFan760
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 m240I

Help with sizing custom wheels.

I’m thinking about getting a set of Signature SV104 fully custom wheels in Royal gold. I have an MG m240. I think that look will be pretty sweet.

I’m not looking to go super aggressive sizing at all. I want to run the stock 225/40 and 245/35 rears.

I’m thinking 18x8 and 35mm front and 18x9 and 45 mm rear. I’m not looking for poke. I want flush or slightly inside the fender. I’ll be lowered on Dinan springs whenever I can get my hands on a set.

Since they are custom, I can go any size/width/offset I want. Will those sizes work without any spacers, rolling etc? I know that popular setups seem to be 8.5 +35 up front and 18x9.5 +45 in the rear.

I could even go .5” narrower. I’m not after performance, I’m after looks and I really like the SV wheels.

It’s either those wheels or I’ve been thinking BBS LMs. But the Tire rack seems to only have 19” BBS wheels. I want to stay on 18s.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 04:51 PM   #2
Estoril235
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogFan760 View Post
I’m thinking about getting a set of Signature SV104 fully custom wheels in Royal gold. I have an MG m240. I think that look will be pretty sweet.

I’m not looking to go super aggressive sizing at all. I want to run the stock 225/40 and 245/35 rears.

I’m thinking 18x8 and 35mm front and 18x9 and 45 mm rear. I’m not looking for poke. I want flush or slightly inside the fender. I’ll be lowered on Dinan springs whenever I can get my hands on a set.

Since they are custom, I can go any size/width/offset I want. Will those sizes work without any spacers, rolling etc? I know that popular setups seem to be 8.5 +35 up front and 18x9.5 +45 in the rear.

I could even go .5” narrower. I’m not after performance, I’m after looks and I really like the SV wheels.

It’s either those wheels or I’ve been thinking BBS LMs. But the Tire rack seems to only have 19” BBS wheels. I want to stay on 18s.
Those sizes will work fine, since you're not going to go with wider tires you don't need a perfect fit. You're correct that the sizes you chose will have slightly less poke than the common sizes used to maximize poke and tire size.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 05:42 PM   #3
HogFan760
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 m240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril235 View Post
Those sizes will work fine, since you're not going to go with wider tires you don't need a perfect fit. You're correct that the sizes you chose will have slightly less poke than the common sizes used to maximize poke and tire size.
Thanks. It looks like my wheel timeline got pushed up to immediate. Last weekend I bent a wheel pretty badly and it can’t be repaired. I can’t stomach paying almost $500 for a factory wheel when I was going to replace them later this year anyway. And wanted to be able to drive the car, so I just ordered a set of OZ Leggera HLT in 18x8 +45 square. I’ll run factory size tires 225/40 front and 245/35 rear.
Appreciate 0