THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning 8AT question after stage 1 BM3 install

02-25-2021, 06:23 PM   #1
mightyP
Rep
Drives: bmw M240i RWD

8AT question after stage 1 BM3 install

I recently did the BM3 stage 1 93 octane upgrade. Have had the car four years and it's a noticeable change. But I notice that when accelerating, that it seems to not stay in certain gears very long. Most notable is 2nd. It shifts to 3rd and massive amounts of power come in which usually ends up with the backend becoming unstable. ( I've ordered and LSD so hoping some of that gets sorted out.. though not the only reason).
To further explain the 2nd gear, I drove in manual mode and notice in the sports gauges that the torque in 2nd gear plateau's at about 200 fairly early in the 3000's rpm range. If I shift to 3rd the torque gauge shoots over 500 and it holds this for the gear. fyi. I know these are not "real" numbers but seems to mirror what I can feel when accelerating.
First question is, "is this by design of the tune?" Second is , "is this something to fix with xHP tune or does it really even matter?"
I've researched and thought I found that the m235i had the 3rd and 6th torque limits but I haven't seen anything about this?
Just wondering if anyone has seen this or as any info about it.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 12:29 PM   #2
mightyP
Rep
Drives: bmw M240i RWD

Update on this is I think the 8at just needed time to adjust to the tune. two months on the tune now and it seems behave.
Appreciate 1
spidy512491.50