THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum M235i Drivetrain malfunction and Chassis stablization

05-02-2021, 04:47 PM   #1
Benji26
Rep
Drives: 07 335xi stage 1 cobb

M235i Drivetrain malfunction and Chassis stablization

Hi, So I first got both codes like a month ago they went away when I turned the car off and on. Now this week everytime I drive they pop up and stay on. Just today I went to start my car it sounded choppy and then shut off. I pulled codes from jb4 I can post a picture of what it shows. Any idea what could be causing this? I have jb4 tune and a catless downpipe. 29,xxx miles on the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 09:22 AM   #2
spidy512
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Howdy!

We will definitely need more info. The codes would be great, but as much detail as possible would be even more helpful.

What map are you running on the JB4? Did you get the JB4 when you installed the DP?
What catless DP? And for how many miles?
Manual or Auto?
Was this out of the blue?
Do you drive the car hard? Maybe a burnout or donut now and again? Or do you drive like me, an old man fearful of speeding tickets because wife?
Describe "choppy" better. And does the car start now?
Did you get a new tank of gas recently?

Anyway, you can see what I mean by more info. The more info you can provide the better we can help.

Also I recommend being honest as you can stand to be. If you were out hooning/drag racing and the car broke, keep in mind most of us don't really care about the hooning part. But knowing you were out hooning/dragging does help us to figure out what's going on.

Good luck with the car either way!

josh
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 10:46 AM   #3
Benji26
Rep
Drives: 07 335xi stage 1 cobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy512 View Post
Howdy!

We will definitely need more info. The codes would be great, but as much detail as possible would be even more helpful.

What map are you running on the JB4? Did you get the JB4 when you installed the DP?
What catless DP? And for how many miles?
Manual or Auto?
Was this out of the blue?
Do you drive the car hard? Maybe a burnout or donut now and again? Or do you drive like me, an old man fearful of speeding tickets because wife?
Describe "choppy" better. And does the car start now?
Did you get a new tank of gas recently?

Anyway, you can see what I mean by more info. The more info you can provide the better we can help.

Also I recommend being honest as you can stand to be. If you were out hooning/drag racing and the car broke, keep in mind most of us don't really care about the hooning part. But knowing you were out hooning/dragging does help us to figure out what's going on.

Good luck with the car either way!

josh
Sorry if the picture is big, I installed the jb4 about 8,000 miles ago and I've had the downpipe for about 2,000 miles. My car is an automatic. Its an evolution race works catlass downpipe. I do tend to drive the car hard but, the day it reappeared i was driving like a grandpa. After seeing the codes the day before i tried adding gas from a different gas station because people have had the same issue from bad gas or low on gas. As for the choppiness it could kind of sound like a misfire. I don't know how to explain that the best. The car still doesn't stay started. Today i'm going to try and remove jb4 see if that does anything. Otherwise I will have to take it in for service. Just took out the jb4 didn't change anything.
Attached Images

Last edited by Benji26; 05-03-2021 at 01:50 PM..
Appreciate 0