THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Ground Control Camber plate pins/bolts not symmetrical

03-14-2021, 11:57 AM   #1
DILONIKA
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M23i 6MT | 330i ZHP 6MT

Hey I'm wondering if anyone can help me diagnose a problem.

I have a 2016 m235i with KW v2s and Ground Control camber plates. The plates come with 3 pins/ bolts that go though the strut tower.

I noticed after installation that the placement of the pins are not symmetrical between the pasanger and drivers side. If you look at the pictures you can see the the pins are one hole closer to the gt logo.

I got these used and I have been told these pins punched into the gold piece of metal with the gt logo) and cannot be moved around without pressing them in or something. Kinda makes sense because otherwise they would just spin when you tighten the nut on top of the camber plate.

1. Does anyone know if that's true, if these 3 pins / bolts on the camber plate are fixed in place?

2. Does anyone have pics of what their ground control plates look like from underneath where they mate to the strut.

*not in the second pic you can see the bottom of an extra bolt I added, ignore that. I was just trying to put a bolt through the two extra holes. this is actually what made me realize something was off because on one side I can't drop a bolt through cuz the gold bottom of the camber plate is halfway blocking it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 12:04 PM   #2
DILONIKA
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M23i 6MT | 330i ZHP 6MT

Here are pictures of the tips of the camber plates too. you can see how the hole is obscured by some of the gold bottom plate so I cannot drop a bolt through there.

(another note, I stripped a little of the threads on the plate and had to use a longer bolt to catch the lower threads, that's why one bolt looks different.)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0