THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Michelin Super sports vs Pilot 4S

08-16-2018, 05:28 PM   #1
Weeknd
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Michelin Super sports vs Pilot 4S

Hi
i keep hearing feedback that the new pilot 4S is superior then super sport
I also hear the treadwear is wayyyy superior on the 4S
Did anyone ever tried both?
Which one would you choose and why?
What are the advantages of both?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 12:47 AM   #2
NVHoo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i red convertible

I'm using the 4S after two sets of SS. Performance of the 4S is noticeably superior to the SS. The 4S has not been on sale that long so finding mileage comparisons might be tough. BTW, if wet traction is a primary concern, the Continental Extreme Contact Sport is better than the 4S in wet and equivalent to the SS in dry according to Tire Rack. Read their test results.

P.S. I've been flagged twice by the forum police for discussing tires here instead of the tire forum so you might get a similar notice
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 03:37 PM   #3
B58togo
Major
Rep
Drives: M240i

Yes, they're better than the PSS. No you won't notice an objective difference in everyday driving. Matt Farah says it best:

http://www.thedrive.com/gear-up/7083...pilot-sport-4s
      08-17-2018, 03:43 PM   #4
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVHoo View Post
I'm using the 4S after two sets of SS. Performance of the 4S is noticeably superior to the SS. The 4S has not been on sale that long so finding mileage comparisons might be tough. BTW, if wet traction is a primary concern, the Continental Extreme Contact Sport is better than the 4S in wet and equivalent to the SS in dry according to Tire Rack. Read their test results.

P.S. I've been flagged twice by the forum police for discussing tires here instead of the tire forum so you might get a similar notice
yeah the conti's are insane in the wet. i can confirm that, i had them on my f30
Appreciate 0