THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos M235i Exhaust conversion on a 228i M-Sport

07-23-2015, 04:00 AM   #1
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
M235i Exhaust conversion on a 228i M-Sport

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey all,

I was lucky enough to score a free stock m235i exhaust, so I thought I'd share the results with you guys. Big thanks to den525 for donating me his stock m235i exhaust! The conversion was done by Pete@Advan and Stuart@BMRAutowerkes, as always the customer service and quality of work was second to none.

As soon as I was gifted the 235 exhaust I bought the OEM m235i diffuser from BMW, the install was definitely not as easy as I thought it would be, the pipe connecting the muffler to the resonator was similar but it was not a straight forward cut and clamp so a bit of fiddling around was required to get the 235 muffler to line up as close to the existing 228 exhaust pipe. The exhaust hangers lined up perfectly so there was no modification required there, but as soon as the exhaust was on we noticed the RIGHT exhaust tip was hanging about 5mm further out then the left tip. Had to shave a couple mm off and the tips lined up perfectly! The exhaust was then welded on after the battery was disconnected.

Overall, it definitely changed the sound of the car, the bang on the upshift is now significantly louder and there is also a slight burble on the over-run which was not there with the original exhaust. It has also changed the look of the car dramatically so I'm extremely happy with that Also had the red reflectors painted black.

Had the car on the dyno as well, pulled 157.8kw atw stock/211hp atw

Last edited by AUSf22; 07-23-2015 at 04:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 01:39 PM   #2
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

nice ! looks good
Appreciate 0