THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Cylinder identification

05-27-2019, 05:10 PM   #23
Duker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i X-Drive

This is the connector I'm referring to. The round part at the top seems to separate pretty easily. I haven't pulled it all the way apart by any means, just noticed it was kinda loose when I checked this connection. It seems to seat fine, but not sure if all my problems could have something to do with this .. I love this damn car, and it's killin me having to drive it like this!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 10:00 AM   #24
drodrig2
Rep
Drives: m235i

That connector is for your valvetronic actuator/motor. If your valvetronic motor was failing you would get 135808 & 135A08 code, also your car would make a woodpecker sound under the valve cover every time the car goes to sleep or wakes-up upon unlocking the doors.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 09:23 PM   #25
Duker
United_States
Rep

It does have what sounds to me to be a valve tick when the engine is running , sometimes it's more pronounced than others. It changes with rpm so could that valvetronic solenoid do that? Or would that be a solid tick and stay constant regardless of rpm?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 07:15 AM   #26
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duker View Post
It does have what sounds to me to be a valve tick when the engine is running , sometimes it's more pronounced than others. It changes with rpm so could that valvetronic solenoid do that? Or would that be a solid tick and stay constant regardless of rpm?
No, valvetronic would not be a constant tick. The user above literally just explained what it would sound like and when you would hear it lol... That connector has nothing to do with misfires.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 01:59 PM   #27
Duker
United_States
Rep

Well I'm at a loss at this point... I can't afford to take it to a dealership.... seems to me with the fault codes I've researched that I'm showing, P112e, P00BC, and P0300-6 misfires, logically I think it's starving for air. All stock intake, new air filter, perhaps a sensor going bad? Seems to get worse the warmer it is outside or longer drives I have to take .....
Appreciate 0