THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Stone Exhaust N55 Eddy Downpipe ** NO CEL GUARANTEE **

05-02-2019, 11:52 PM   #1
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Talking Stone Exhaust N55 Eddy Downpipe ** NO CEL GUARANTEE **

Fitment:
  • M2
  • M235
  • 335 (production date of 07/13 and after)
  • M135 (production date of 07/13 and after)

POWER
+ 24.4Ps
at 5734rpm

TORQUE
+ 2.3Kg/m
at 2921rpm

Eddy Catalytic Downpipe (N55)
Meet the latest technology that adheres to the world's increasingly stringent environmental regulations at the same time enhances performance to another level. In comparison to commercially available linear frustums, the "eddy catalytic technology" adopts an arc-packaging method.

The turbine emissions process produces a vortex effect which purifies the exhaust gases while maintaining an equal amount of back pressure. When compared to a variety of horsepower tests and straight downpipes, our patented eddy catalytic technology can effectively increase horsepower and torque.

Features:
1. Patented O2 sensor technology design provides real-time data performance by accurately sensing every rotating displacement. No more delayed or error code problem.
2.Using one of the rare noble metal to help efficiently filter out exhaust gas.
3.Computer simulation of the best diameter.
4.A special 3D design able to achieve a perfectly matching model with the original pipe. The same installation applies, no need to modify.
5.SUS304 Stainless steel.
6.Dual Cross-Welding Technology providing substantial increase durability.

Dyno

Also available catless

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 09:14 AM   #2
Pray for Mojo
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i & 2018 X3 M40i

That's the nicest welding I've ever seen on an exhaust component.
Appreciate 1
BM235iW97.00
      05-03-2019, 11:12 AM   #3
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

It's always nice to have new products available, but the description for this product is a bit wonky, IMO. Especially considering this downpipe is selling for same price as the Fabspeed catted DP and nearly the same price as the German built, no CEL throwing, OEM looking 300 cell HJS Euro DP.

What's the cell count?

What is an "Eddy" catalytic converter? Stone is the only company I see claiming to use an Eddy cat and they don't explain why their cat is better.

Regarding the guarantee, what's the return process on if a CEL appears? Do you have to prove it's a cat related CEL and how do you do that? Will you or Stone take it back? Fabspeed makes a similar No CEL claim, but when CELs appear, they point the finger elsewhere and won't take the catted DP back.

"Patented O2 sensor technology design provides real-time data performance by accurately sensing every rotating displacement." Huh?
      05-03-2019, 11:34 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
It's always nice to have new products available, but the description for this product is a bit wonky, IMO. Especially considering this downpipe is selling for same price as the Fabspeed catted DP and nearly the same price as the German built, no CEL throwing, OEM looking 300 cell HJS Euro DP.

What's the cell count?

What is an "Eddy" catalytic converter? Stone is the only company I see claiming to use an Eddy cat and they don't explain why their cat is better.

Regarding the guarantee, what's the return process on if a CEL appears? Do you have to prove it's a cat related CEL and how do you do that? Will you or Stone take it back? Fabspeed makes a similar No CEL claim, but when CELs appear, they point the finger elsewhere and won't take the catted DP back.

"Patented O2 sensor technology design provides real-time data performance by accurately sensing every rotating displacement." Huh?
Eddy is the name of their cat, thats why no one else sells it

Its a 200 CEL cat and yes its patented. I have been meeting with the manufacturer for the last 4 months and they assured me that if there is a CEL, they will check all available data and if turns out its from the downpipe they will take it back.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0