THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Coding out cold start routine on *40i

11-19-2019, 08:28 AM   #23
mblaucoupe135
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDM5 View Post
Stupid question I know, but for those of you with garages in their townhomes, do you pull in or back out? I leave between 0545 and 0600 every morning and am trying to be cognizant of the neighbors. I just picked up an M240i with MPE and the bass is quite noticeable upon cold start, so I always throw it into gear a second or two after startup to get it to quiet down per the info in this thread. I've been pulling in with the assumption that it will echo less, but I got to thinking this morning that maybe the garage will soak up most of it. I haven't had a chance to test them both out as the cold start sequence is not an issue in the afternoon.
interesting question. I usually pull in head first thinking that when I start in the morning it would be better to have the exhaust pointing out the garage to let the sound escape. plus I'm too lazy to back it in every night! lol
Appreciate 0