THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums USA - Southeast HELP!!! Looking at getting a BMW again =) M235I, M240I, 435I or 440i

08-11-2019, 10:19 PM   #1
monte11974
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i Blk/Tan

Smile HELP!!! Looking at getting a BMW again =) M235I, M240I, 435I or 440i

If you are reading this, Thank you!

A little history I used to own a 2011 335i (Bought used) for about 3 years loved it!!! but had to sell it...

I am now in the market to get another one used and I am torn between M235i, M240i, 435i and 440i. I know there are many variables to consider and that at the end of the day it comes down to personnel preference, but I was wondering if anyone would share a little bit of there experience with there ride and what positive and negatives they had.

Also, if you would purchase the same car specification the same way?

Thank you all in advance.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 05:07 PM   #2
eamerritt
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i X-Drive Convertible

I have a 2018 M240XICV (B58 engine). Very pleased. The convertible with the wind deflector makes it quite nice for any temps above about 55 degrees. Average gas mileage is between 25 and 30. Plenty of power across a broad range of rpms. A few blind spots (exaggerated by the convertible top when up). Seats, while seemingly on the floor, are both comfortable and supportive and come with a number of adjustments to dial them in to your prefs. Back seat would be cramped for anything longer than about 20-30 minutes. I use the comfort mode (well balanced unless you step into it) most of the time. The sport mode and using paddle shifters is great for the Smoky Mountain roads where I live. Only a few minor gripes. The car is a CPO, so it obviously came as optioned by the first owner. No blind spot mirrors, no oil dipstick, and no ability to display oil pressure, volts, and radiator temperature as a trio. The radio does not display your favorite presets until you hover over them. There is no control to circulate through radio presets on the steering wheel. After turning the engine off and don't lock the car, the radio and dashboard do not turn off for about 10 minutes -- an unnecessary drain on the battery when I pull into the garage for the night. Finally, the recurring charges for some of the technology features like GPS and others are steep and irritating. All told, the positives far outweigh the gripes. Yes, I would buy this model again.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 11:29 AM   #3
mikeysosa
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i

Garage List
1995 Mazda Miata  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Trust me, get an M235i, you won't regret it. Since it's the successor to the greatest driving machine of all time: the 1M, you can't go wrong with it.
      05-20-2020, 09:50 AM   #4
GrandMasterKhan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Evo9, '22 X3Mc, Turbo S2000
Location: BMW Southpoint, Durham NC. Dinan/Carbahn authorized Dealer.

I just turned in my M240i off lease to BMW of Southpoint. Its a Mineral White M240i RWD 6 speed.

Its an incredible car! I work for BMW and both the M235 and M240 are lots of fun, the shorter wheel base over the 4 series makes the 2 series more fun to toss around.

the B58 is a superior engine to the N55 in every way. The N55 in the M235/335s had longer charge piping which are subject to blowing open. the B58 in the M240 and 340 has a super short charge pipe since the intercooler is built into the intake manifold. This means the boost comes on much faster and the torque much stronger! The B58 is also closed deck which makes it stronger. Just look at what the Supra guys are doing! They are making huge power from these engines with simple mods.

I have found that a basic intake.exhaust and a tune will outperform N55 engines with much more work done. So the b58 responds much better to mods.
Appreciate 0