THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum What did you do to your 2 series today?

12-03-2019, 10:44 PM   #2685
paposalsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGTI View Post
Bought suspension refresh parts -

Springtime install planned - should be fun this year @ Tail of the Dragon.
What are the dates? Have a POC?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 11:56 PM   #2686
Burmeisteria
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Washed it and tried a new wax. Didn't change any parts today since the item I ordered hasn't arrived yet. Which I ordered with First Strike Soft Bait since my garage right now is infested with rats.

Last edited by Burmeisteria; 01-04-2020 at 07:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 07:01 AM   #2687
WolfGTI
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F22,15 E84 M Sport,02 R53

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
2002 MINI Cooper S  [0.00]
2015 BMW X1  [0.00]
I intend to install the parts in mid-March, will be @ Deals gap April 27th - May 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paposalsa View Post
What are the dates? Have a POC?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 12:30 AM   #2688
pdx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS, '18 M240xc

Garage List
2024 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 BMW M240xc  [0.00]
last week i finally upgraded to UPD09042.bin. i really wish their numbering system made some sense.

then i used the BimmerCode app to get rid of that silly digital ///M240i logo in the lower-right of the instrument cluster.

yesterday i finally completed the m carbon fiber interior upgrades. getting the steering wheel airbag clips undone was so difficult it almost made me want to sell the car to spite it.

this morning i ordered what some of the kids call the "chocolate teapot" mods from the SUPER-nice people at KCDesign.

next week my BAVSOUND upgrades are supposed to arrive.

i guess saving for a year and taking advantage of the end-of-year sales is a good thing!
Appreciate 1
BM235iW97.00
      12-05-2019, 10:11 AM   #2689
Sisyrx
Budget Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2017 230i M-Sport

Garage List
2017 BMW 230i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx View Post
last week i finally upgraded to UPD09042.bin. i really wish their numbering system made some sense.

then i used the BimmerCode app to get rid of that silly digital ///M240i logo in the lower-right of the instrument cluster.

yesterday i finally completed the m carbon fiber interior upgrades. getting the steering wheel airbag clips undone was so difficult it almost made me want to sell the car to spite it.

this morning i ordered what some of the kids call the "chocolate teapot" mods from the SUPER-nice people at KCDesign.

i guess saving for a year and taking advantage of the end-of-year sales is a good thing!
I've been looking for BAVSOUND discounts over the past month but didn't see anything. Did you get yours on discount from somewhere?

2017 230i // Estoril Blue II // M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 01:53 PM   #2690
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyrx View Post
I've been looking for BAVSOUND discounts over the past month but didn't see anything. Did you get yours on discount from somewhere?
They did some stuff for black friday. If you missed it might be worth a call or email to them, they may be able to help you out they're pretty good to work with.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 02:02 PM   #2691
Sisyrx
Budget Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2017 230i M-Sport

Garage List
2017 BMW 230i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Quote:
They did some stuff for black friday. If you missed it might be worth a call or email to them, they may be able to help you out they're pretty good to work with.
Damn. I kept checking their site and didn't see any mentions of sales or discounted prices on the product page either.

2017 230i // Estoril Blue II // M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 03:31 PM   #2692
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Damn. I kept checking their site and didn't see any mentions of sales or discounted prices on the product page either.
Sign up for the emails - they constantly send stuff out. They also have an outlet that's not easy to get to from the main site, just google it.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 06:38 PM   #2693
KjPerry
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeffries View Post
Did you pull all the pieces off and replace, or do them in place?
I pulled them all off except for the gear shifter. The door trim turned out to be the hardest but still do-able. I didnt want to break the glass on the shifter so did it in place.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 12:16 AM   #2694
pdx
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 BMW M240xc  [0.00]
BEM-S4 speaks the truth. i also looked for ages for coupons and sales. i signed up for an email on when their amp would be available for the 2 (again) and then i got the black friday coupon email.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 11:00 AM   #2695
Calebrity
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235

Installed CF splitter, mirror cap replacements, and rear spoiler from JL Motoring. They packaged everything very well and every piece looks awesome. The hardest part of the install was removing the old 3M from the existing factory spoiler o_O. When I replaced the mirror caps, also replaced the turn signals with smoked glass signals, WAY easier on the eyes at night and blends right in between the lower gloss black and the CF caps. The splitter covers the old scrapes on the existing bodywork and also demonstrates I'll have to be just a bit more careful

TIPS:
Use fishing line to saw back and forth to get the old spoiler off, then soak the 3M tape with WD40 and scrape with an old gift card or credit card. May have to repeat several times. Once removed, clean the surface thoroughly to get rid if the slick WD40 residue.

Drive up on some blocks to give yourself some room to work on the front splitter but be careful that when you back off, you won't rip the splitter you just installed off, it lowers clearance by about an inch. I had a friend watch as I backed off and it was within 1/8 inch of landing on top of the blocks. No way in hell ramps would have worked.

I'm going to add some 3M tape along the upper lip between the front of the stock bumper and the splitter, i don't think the 8 screws on the bottom are quite enough

It's a little unnerving removing the mirror glass by basically prying and ripping it out. I had a couple really small plastic bits come off on one but when I snapped it back in, it's solid.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-08-2019, 09:07 PM   #2696
Strike_Zero
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Apparently . . . Fuzzy has an attraction to foreign objects . . .

Rear passenger tire gobbled up two screws and two nails. The tire guys asked if I had an angry ex, LOL!

Yay!! Wave the $$$$ over from the race car funds to a new set of tires . . . . sigh.

I'm not popping for the PSS or PS4S. I think I'll head toward the Kumho PS91 and save the $350 for something else.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 01:57 PM   #2697
BetweenTheWheels
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i M Sport

This week, my first mods...

new all black kidneys and the dreaded halogen to HID/halo upgrade. Separating the lenses and housings has been a PITA! Halfway through!
      12-12-2019, 12:25 AM   #2698
pdx
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 BMW M240xc  [0.00]
apologies if this stuff should be in another thread, but:

initial impressions of the completed M carbon interior: i'm happy i did it. the lack of glare of shiny chrome is perfect.

initial impressions of the BAVSOUND install: nowhere near as easy as the install videos would have you believe. not even close. and i got one bad tweeter in my order. they sent a replacement out (it will take an entire week to get, laaaaame). my doors appear to have single-use screws in places because they wont go back together. it might be me, it might be the 2018 LCI, it might be the BAVSOUND instructions. so its not done, and my doors aren't back to normal, and i am really worried. it was a LOT of money to spend on something that didn't install or work as expected. in the end, i would have gladly paid someone to do the install to save the grief overhead.

initial impressions of the BAVSOUND sound: they claim it takes 12 hours for the speakers to break-in (laaaaame). nowhere near 12 hours in, the ghost woofers are NOT a true sub with an amp. if you are looking for chest-pounding goodness, this is not the droid you are looking for - and it makes sense; something under a seat cant be as awesome as a box filling your trunk. maybe their amp will fix the problem (if it is ever available again for the 2). and the rest compared to the Harman Kardon speakers? oh, is that what highs sound like in my car?! crazy.

initial impression of the KCDesign parts: shipped from Taiwan and arrived in less than half the time it took ECS Tuning and BAVSOUND to get my my kit. the "Front member strut bar" shipped with bolts that wont work anywhere and install pictures that were not accurate. so, after running to the super-awesome Nappa, i got some new bolts to finish the job.

initial impression of the KCDesign install: after sorting out the wrong hardware thing, the install of the "Front member strut bar", "Front Strut Bar", and "Rear Strut Bar" took all of 30min. completely super-easy - and i did it in the dark and in the rain with a bike light in my mouth to see what i was doing.

initial impression of the KCDesign ride (in the dark and in the rain): in ECO Pro mode, the steering feels twitchy. in SPORT dampers mode, it feels good / improved. in either mode, the whole car feels a lot more stiff / flat. going over bumps in ECO mode causes a weird / expected flat-ness shake / wobble. so if you are largely a commuter driver that likes the comfy feel of ECO most days, but likes to rip it up when you get a chance, my initial impression is this is no longer a comfy-car-with-an-additional-sport-mode. it is now a it-might-not-be-safe-to-drive-in-ECO-mode and turned into a i-may-be-forced-to-drive-in-SPORT-mode-to-make-the-flat-ness-tolerable (darn).

summary:
M carbon fiber: still awesome.
BAVSOUND: way harder than it looks, i am scared the process broke my doors, hearing highs are nice, and why cant they ship me orders and replacement parts faster?
KCDesign: still super nice, super simple install, big impact, maybe too big an impact.
Nappa: to the rescue, kind, generous, honorable.

Quote:

Appreciate 1
makrop151.00
      12-12-2019, 03:43 AM   #2699
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

Removed cover that was frozen to my M240

So I could get into the car and install the Uniden R3 Blemdmount Mirror Tap as I've gotten tired of the hanging stock power cord
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 11:35 AM   #2700
shocksim
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i 6MT

Dropped a VRSF catted DP into the car. Plus, my first time doing a flash tune! Removed my JB4 and flashed to BM3 Stage 2 Aggressive.

Power feels a lot more consistent throughout the gearing. JB4 felt more sudden with the boost bump while at low RPM it felt pretty much the same as stock to my butt dyno.

Next up is brakes (EBC Yellowstuff) and new tires (PS4S) around the end of the month. Maybe a new FMIC around April...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 11:09 PM   #2701
Clear_Blue22
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i MSport

Garage List
2018 BMW 230i  [0.00]
Quote:
apologies if this stuff should be in another thread, but:

initial impressions of the completed M carbon interior: i'm happy i did it. the lack of glare of shiny chrome is perfect.

initial impressions of the BAVSOUND install: nowhere near as easy as the install videos would have you believe. not even close. and i got one bad tweeter in my order. they sent a replacement out (it will take an entire week to get, laaaaame). my doors appear to have single-use screws in places because they wont go back together. it might be me, it might be the 2018 LCI, it might be the BAVSOUND instructions. so its not done, and my doors aren't back to normal, and i am really worried. it was a LOT of money to spend on something that didn't install or work as expected. in the end, i would have gladly paid someone to do the install to save the grief overhead.

initial impressions of the BAVSOUND sound: they claim it takes 12 hours for the speakers to break-in (laaaaame). nowhere near 12 hours in, the ghost woofers are NOT a true sub with an amp. if you are looking for chest-pounding goodness, this is not the droid you are looking for - and it makes sense; something under a seat cant be as awesome as a box filling your trunk. maybe their amp will fix the problem (if it is ever available again for the 2). and the rest compared to the Harman Kardon speakers? oh, is that what highs sound like in my car?! crazy.

initial impression of the KCDesign parts: shipped from Taiwan and arrived in less than half the time it took ECS Tuning and BAVSOUND to get my my kit. the "Front member strut bar" shipped with bolts that wont work anywhere and install pictures that were not accurate. so, after running to the super-awesome Nappa, i got some new bolts to finish the job.

initial impression of the KCDesign install: after sorting out the wrong hardware thing, the install of the "Front member strut bar", "Front Strut Bar", and "Rear Strut Bar" took all of 30min. completely super-easy - and i did it in the dark and in the rain with a bike light in my mouth to see what i was doing.

initial impression of the KCDesign ride (in the dark and in the rain): in ECO Pro mode, the steering feels twitchy. in SPORT dampers mode, it feels good / improved. in either mode, the whole car feels a lot more stiff / flat. going over bumps in ECO mode causes a weird / expected flat-ness shake / wobble. so if you are largely a commuter driver that likes the comfy feel of ECO most days, but likes to rip it up when you get a chance, my initial impression is this is no longer a comfy-car-with-an-additional-sport-mode. it is now a it-might-not-be-safe-to-drive-in-ECO-mode and turned into a i-may-be-forced-to-drive-in-SPORT-mode-to-make-the-flat-ness-tolerable (darn).

summary:
M carbon fiber: still awesome.
BAVSOUND: way harder than it looks, i am scared the process broke my doors, hearing highs are nice, and why cant they ship me orders and replacement parts faster?
KCDesign: still super nice, super simple install, big impact, maybe too big an impact.
Nappa: to the rescue, kind, generous, honorable.

Quote:

Hey man hit me up if you need help with the doors. I have a 2018 LCI and have taken mine off a few times. The woofers aren't sub woofers so no you're not going to get the same sense, but I can say they hit a bit harder and smoother with the amp. I don't have the speakers to go with it, but the amp even improved the stock speakers a good bit too. Enough I didn't feel the need to shell out another $700 anyway.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 02:52 AM   #2702
Udayan
Enlisted Member
France
Rep
Drives: m240i vert

Hi,

Switch from Bridgestone S001 runflat to Michelin Supersport. Quite an impressive improvement.

Better traction, better handling, less noise, smoother ride...

Udayan
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2019, 05:21 PM   #2703
whoismorggan
Bimmer Nut + Software Dev
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3 IE Stage 1

Garage List
Flashed my car with MHD Stage 2!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 10:13 AM   #2704
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky58 View Post
Yes, they are coco mats: https://www.cocomats.com/bmwgallery/
I am seeing $225 for just a set of front mats with velcro attachments. Is this what others are accepting? Seems quite overpriced to me, although they do look good.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 10:16 AM   #2705
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
I am seeing $225 for just a set of front mats with velcro attachments. Is this what others are accepting? Seems quite overpriced to me, although they do look good.
Check Lloyd they do a full set of their most expensive (4 mats) for $200 or thereabouts, price goes down from there depending on material. I have in my wagon and they are REALLY nice. Getting a set for convertible in Spring.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 10:56 AM   #2706
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Check Lloyd they do a full set of their most expensive (4 mats) for $200 or thereabouts, price goes down from there depending on material. I have in my wagon and they are REALLY nice. Getting a set for convertible in Spring.
Thanks for that. I see they focus on carpet, which doesn't really have much visual appeal to me. My current black carpet mats are actually in very good condition, not being used in rain/snow. I was aiming for something with more visual pop, such as this coco pattern that ties together Valencia Orange, Oyster, and black trim fairly uniquely....but $225 for just front mats???

Attached Images

2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0