THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB Usa b58 tsb's

10-29-2019, 07:52 AM   #1
240Newbie
Learning
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19' M240 M Performance

Usa b58 tsb's

Just more curious if anyone has any info on this. I've got a 19' M240 and work at a Subaru dealer. A guy from my bmw dealer came in for parts for his Sti and asked who's M240 it was outside. As we talked he said I should bring my car in because there is a bunch of flashes for the engine, trans, and radio. I told him I only drive it once a week or so and haven't noticed any issues so I'll just bring it in when my oil is due and hopefully they have the airbag recalls ready to go.

So long story short has anyone heard of these reflash's and what they are for?I've googled and haven't come up with anything. Trying to find out if it's worth a day down to have these performed or not. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 11:16 AM   #2
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Stop by the dealer and provide the Service Adviser with your fob. The SA will be able to tell you what software needs updating. My engine computer software (DME) was updated in September.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 11:49 AM   #3
240Newbie
Learning
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post
Stop by the dealer and provide the Service Adviser with your fob. The SA will be able to tell you what software needs updating. My engine computer software (DME) was updated in September.
Thanks! Guess I'll just have to wait until my oil change is ready. To much of a pain to get there during business hours for my schedule to just stop by. I was more curious to why the flashes needed to be done. If it was something dire I'd schedule for an appointment. If it's to correct a problem only some people may experience I'd just wait till the oil change to go in.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 01:41 PM   #4
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Typically, a flash of the engine computer or other electronix is done to prevent a very rare problem. I picked up my 2018 M240i in mid-September 2017. I had to have the gauge cluster reflashed because on a very rare occasion the cluster would stop working for a few owners. I never experienced an issue. Took 2.5 hours to reflash the cluster!! They reflashed the DME during the 2 year check up. Again, it was for a very rare condition that I never experienced. Luckily, my dealer has a great latte machine!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 10:16 AM   #5
240Newbie
Learning
United_States
Rep

Of course after I post this I came home from a long weekend get away and received a recall notice for the 02 sensor. Think it's just some sort of reflash. Would be nice if they had the damn airbags available for replacement so I can knock out two birds with one stone.
Appreciate 0