THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums UNITED KINGDOM misfire and now won't start

06-06-2021, 07:19 AM   #1
Kamilnieradka
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i

misfire and now won't start

hello all,

new to this forum
car is 2014 bmw 220i
yesterday I was driving and all sudden I had lost of power quite significantly, so I plugged in I Carly and shows cylinder 1 misfire, injection shut off
went into garage and they changed spark plugs and swapped coils with cylinder 2 and the problem didn't jump so they said I need new injector

so they said I can drive back home but I barely made it home, this morning tried to start it but no luck, it cranks over but doesn't turn over.

just wondering if anyone might know what causes the car not fire up, it could be that injector is out that its not enough fuel pressure to start the car
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 12:02 PM   #2
belowzero
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

I wouldn't expect an injector to fail open so it shouldn't affect fuel pressure in the rest of the system, assuming you've got fuel of course. Maybe look for obvious loose leads as they have been disturbed. After that, if you're not getting any other codes, it might need someone more experienced than me.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 01:21 PM   #3
Kamilnieradka
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i

Yes mate got few shows half a tank,

I had misfire and he showed cylinder 1 so sparks been changed and next day it just didn’t wanna start, people saying that the Car has some smart protection that it shuts it off to prevent further damage

It’s in garage right now hopefully to get it looked at tomorrow
Appreciate 0