THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery 2016 2 Series Pricing and Ordering Guide

06-08-2015, 09:00 AM   #45
kimnle
Rep
Drives: Waiting for my delivery!

Pricing guide for Canada

Anyone seen the pricing guide for Canada? I'm curious to know about the changes for Canadian customers.

I'm in a bit of a situation right now. I was able to negotiate a price for a 2015 M235i in late May, and signed the purchased agreement.

About 4 days later, the dealership contacted me to inform me that they were no longer able to order a 2015 model. Instead, I had to order a 2016 model. Here's the problem - the financing rates that I was able to obtain was 1.9% (special offer on the 2015) - we are not as lucky as the Americans. With the new quote that I received for the 2016 model, the rate jumped to 5%.

The deal is on hold now - the dealership is trying to find out find a way to honor the original rate as per the purchase agreement. What are my chances?

This is my first post - apologies if I broke any rules/.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 01:47 PM   #46
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiberoptik View Post
Is LSD standard now on M235i? I don't see it anywhere on the price or ordering guide...
Yep: it's port-installed, as is the black kidney grille. Neither will show up on the pricing guide since those options are administered primarily by BMWNA, not BMW Gmbh.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 09:18 PM   #47
shark715
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 50i, '16 M235xi vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuan99 View Post
Did anyone notice that 228i witn N20 only comes with MT?
It looks like only 228i with N26 comes with ZF8.
Does that mean you can't get a 228 with a stick in California?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 10:47 PM   #48
kd0t
Banned
Rep
Drives: M235i

Dammmmmit... Wish I had those 3 things that were standard for the '16 M235i
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 07:13 PM   #49
huveu
Rep
Drives: 2012 GTI

FYI. Dealers seem to be having an issue with the ordering system for the 2016 228. They can't build a 228 with M-Sport and Track Handling Package. I was hoping to be able to place my order today, but will have to wait until this is fixed.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 06:17 PM   #50
HavannaF30
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimnle View Post
Anyone seen the pricing guide for Canada? I'm curious to know about the changes for Canadian customers.

I'm in a bit of a situation right now. I was able to negotiate a price for a 2015 M235i in late May, and signed the purchased agreement.

About 4 days later, the dealership contacted me to inform me that they were no longer able to order a 2015 model. Instead, I had to order a 2016 model. Here's the problem - the financing rates that I was able to obtain was 1.9% (special offer on the 2015) - we are not as lucky as the Americans. With the new quote that I received for the 2016 model, the rate jumped to 5%.
I'm in the same boat, ordered a 2015 5 weeks ago but I was told that I may receive a 2016. Dealer hasn't gotten back to me about any precise details, just said i'd have to wait until early August. I had a condition put on the contract that would allow me to get my deposit back if the interest rate rose to above 1.9%.

Side note: still waiting for the Canadian 2016 order/price guide.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 12:30 PM   #51
kimnle
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavannaF30 View Post
I'm in the same boat, ordered a 2015 5 weeks ago but I was told that I may receive a 2016. Dealer hasn't gotten back to me about any precise details, just said i'd have to wait until early August. I had a condition put on the contract that would allow me to get my deposit back if the interest rate rose to above 1.9%.

Side note: still waiting for the Canadian 2016 order/price guide.
If they are telling to wait until August - that's bogus. The Canadian dealers should be able to place an order, unless they no longer have allocation.

If they are telling to wait to August, it might be because they are hoping that the rate will dropped as a special offer in August. My guess - it's unlikely. If you look at the special offers with some of the other series, you will notice that the models that are in transition 2015->2016, the rates for the new model are generally higher. If you want this car badly, then you might have to start exploring financing alternative. The worst case (and probable) would be for you to wait until August and to find out that the rate is still 4.99%. This all disappointing since many of us (Canadian) were motivated to buy this car due to the finance special offer. I get it - it's all about supply/demand/inventory/etc...
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 04:08 PM   #52
HavannaF30
Rep

Quote:
If they are telling to wait until August - that's bogus. The Canadian dealers should be able to place an order, unless they no longer have allocation.....
Delivery in August I meant. I wont buy the car if its going to cost me another 70$+tax a month, in that case i'll get my deposit back.

Im sure BMW or the dealer will do something to lower the payment to what we negotiated, they'd have a hard time selling a stripper m235 with paint as the only option to anyone else.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 04:23 PM   #53
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Delivery in August I meant. I wont buy the car if its going to cost me another 70$+tax a month, in that case i'll get my deposit back.

Im sure BMW or the dealer will do something to lower the payment to what we negotiated, they'd have a hard time selling a stripper m235 with paint as the only option to anyone else.
If the car is in demand, dealership should not have a problem selling a base config.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 05:03 PM   #54
HavannaF30
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m235i View Post
If the car is in demand, dealership should not have a problem selling a base config.
car isn't in demand, there are plenty of brand new 2014s around here that haven't sold.

Problem here is MY15 to MY16 turbulence on orders... common anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 07:50 PM   #55
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
car isn't in demand, there are plenty of brand new 2014s around here that haven't sold.

Problem here is MY15 to MY16 turbulence on orders... common anywhere.
fyi, it appears the special financing rates are for 2015 BMW's and is valid until 07/01/2015. Is this the special financing you were planning on using?

Since you have already placed a 1.90% rate limit on your order, the dealership already knows that you may walk. The potential issue I see is that because of your rate limit the dealership may only order your car if the rate is < 1.9% and is guaranteed/locked from the time the order is placed to the day the car is delivered. Why would the dealer order the car if they don't know what the rates are? Other buyers orders may also be moving ahead of yours because the dealership does not have the restriction you placed on your order. In theory they are not doing anything wrong because your terms have not been met so there would be no reason for the dealership to order/sell you a car.

The dealership will do what they determine is necessary to sell the car but they won't necessarily meet your terms because you may walk on a custom order. The special rate is to move the end of 2015 model year cars, if the 2016 Model year cars are not moving the rate could be extended.

It might be a good idea to contact your dealership and confirm where is your order on their order list and when do they expect to fill your order.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 10:36 PM   #56
Umster
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i coupe MT

Quote:

The deal is on hold now - the dealership is trying to find out find a way to honor the original rate as per the purchase agreement. What are my chances?

This is my first post - apologies if I broke any rules/.
I am also in the same situation. Because the rates are controlled by BMW Finance, the dealerships can't guarantee you any rate. I'm dealing with Serpa BMW in Newmarket.

The way it was explained to me was that because I ordered an M235i with the 6MT, an uncommon configuration (the XDrive with 8AT being most common), the production may be delayed due to BMW "waiting" for enough manuals to be ordered before they will commit to production.

Apparently the new rates won't be officially released until August when the first 2016 cars will be shipped (M235i's with XDrive/8AT) to dealers. You can place an order now, but once the car goes into production, you could be "stuck" with the car regardless of the rates.

Now, if a dealer has put it in writing that you can walk away if the rates are not satisfactory, they will still have to take delivery of the car themselves and try to sell it.

My dealership stated that they will not put something like that in writing for me because they would have a difficult time selling a fairly minimally optioned RWD manual M235i, which is what I want. If I wait until August to see what the rates are, I may have to wait until November or even later for delivery.

Since their current highest rate is 5.9% for the X5 (their most in demand model apparently), the new rate for the 2 series will like be less than 5%.

I decided to order the car and take my chances. It could cost me as much as $50 a month extra (leasing), but it is a more "valuable car" (earlier in the model year), and I'm not sure rates will be much lower until late in the 2016 model year. I figure the rate will likely be 4.9% at the worst and could be as low as 2.9-3.9%.

I really like the car and I personally love the car and will pay more for it if I have to, but I agree it's not fair. The reality is that BMW Finance will not make exceptions for those of us pushed from 2015 to 2016 production.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 12:08 PM   #57
kimnle
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umster View Post
I am also in the same situation. Because the rates are controlled by BMW Finance, the dealerships can't guarantee you any rate. I'm dealing with Serpa BMW in Newmarket.

The way it was explained to me was that because I ordered an M235i with the 6MT, an uncommon configuration (the XDrive with 8AT being most common), the production may be delayed due to BMW "waiting" for enough manuals to be ordered before they will commit to production.

Apparently the new rates won't be officially released until August when the first 2016 cars will be shipped (M235i's with XDrive/8AT) to dealers. You can place an order now, but once the car goes into production, you could be "stuck" with the car regardless of the rates.

Now, if a dealer has put it in writing that you can walk away if the rates are not satisfactory, they will still have to take delivery of the car themselves and try to sell it.

My dealership stated that they will not put something like that in writing for me because they would have a difficult time selling a fairly minimally optioned RWD manual M235i, which is what I want. If I wait until August to see what the rates are, I may have to wait until November or even later for delivery.

Since their current highest rate is 5.9% for the X5 (their most in demand model apparently), the new rate for the 2 series will like be less than 5%.

I decided to order the car and take my chances. It could cost me as much as $50 a month extra (leasing), but it is a more "valuable car" (earlier in the model year), and I'm not sure rates will be much lower until late in the 2016 model year. I figure the rate will likely be 4.9% at the worst and could be as low as 2.9-3.9%.

I really like the car and I personally love the car and will pay more for it if I have to, but I agree it's not fair. The reality is that BMW Finance will not make exceptions for those of us pushed from 2015 to 2016 production.
This is exactly what I did as well, and for the same assumption that you described. Let's cross our fingers that the rate will be between 2.9-3.9%.

It's just too bad that they is not enough supply of the 6MT in Canada. Now the wait begins. I'm just waiting for a confirmation from the dealership that they were able to secure my order with their August allocation.

Any idea how long it will take for it to arrive to the GTA area? Hopefully it will be before the snow.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #58
cab33
Rep
Drives: 2009 Viper

Does anyone have a link to the price guide with the prices?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 12:26 PM   #59
huveu
Rep
Drives: 2012 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab33 View Post
Does anyone have a link to the price guide with the prices?
A moderator should take over and fix the OP...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/news/83329...dering-guides/
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 07:42 PM   #60
HavannaF30
Rep

Mississauga Audi (Pfaff)... bunch of morons if you ask me.
I put my deposit down on May 5, 2015. Had a hell of a time getting a hold of my salesman, BMW Canada had to call them three times. When the dealer got back to me, they confirmed that they don't have a production number on the car yet, a number which according to BMW Canada, I should have received 5 weeks ago. The car that I ordered should also have been a 2015 as there was ample time left in the production cycle.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 08:11 AM   #61
kimnle
Rep

Quote:
Mississauga Audi (Pfaff)... bunch of morons if you ask me.
I put my deposit down on May 5, 2015. Had a hell of a time getting a hold of my salesman, BMW Canada had to call them three times. When the dealer got back to me, they confirmed that they don't have a production number on the car yet, a number which according to BMW Canada, I should have received 5 weeks ago. The car that I ordered should also have been a 2015 as there was ample time left in the production cycle.
Did you mean Mississauga BMW (Pfaff)?
I also had an initial bad experience with those folks - I decided to take my business elsewhere. So what's the current outcome for you?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 10:26 AM   #62
HavannaF30
Rep

Quote:
Did you mean Mississauga BMW (Pfaff)?
I also had an initial bad experience with those folks - I decided to take my business elsewhere. So what's the current outcome for you?
my mistake, I meant BMW. Confused the two because in my anger I went to test drive an S3! (disappointing car btw)

Salesman informed me that the car will be a 2016, a production number will be made available to me soon and that "i'm lucky" because delivery could have been December...

I have not been informed about the week or two break for re-tooling by my CA, I'm only aware of this from the production schedule uploaded to the forums. I'll contact BMW Canada again if i'm not given a prod. number at least 2 weeks after MY16 production begins.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 02:27 PM   #63
kimnle
Rep

Quote:
my mistake, I meant BMW. Confused the two because in my anger I went to test drive an S3! (disappointing car btw)

Salesman informed me that the car will be a 2016, a production number will be made available to me soon and that "i'm lucky" because delivery could have been December...

I have not been informed about the week or two break for re-tooling by my CA, I'm only aware of this from the production schedule uploaded to the forums. I'll contact BMW Canada again if i'm not given a prod. number at least 2 weeks after MY16 production begins.
In my opinion, you did well by skipping the Audi. I'm also guessing that you went to Audi Mississauga (in Heartland). I had a painful experience, I have recommend to all my friends, family and co-workers to avoid that dealership at all cost. You can find a brief summary of my story with Audi Mississauga.

It sounds like we might be in the same production month?! Let's see on who gets theirs first
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 07:04 PM   #64
HavannaF30
Rep

Quote:
In my opinion, you did well by skipping the Audi. I'm also guessing that you went to Audi Mississauga (in Heartland). I had a painful experience, I have recommend to all my friends, family and co-workers to avoid that dealership at all cost. You can find a brief summary of my story with Audi Mississauga.

It sounds like we might be in the same production month?! Let's see on who gets theirs first
I went to Pfaff audi in Vaughan.. Pfaff to Pfaff I know what you're going to say...

After this headache, I really think that at the end of the day all of the audi/bmw/mercedes dealerships will put out the same crappy customer service. I intentionally purchased the car from Mississauga after having been let down by Maranello BMW in the past (handed them a cheque to purchase the car outright, after that they forgot my name).

Cant beat the domestic car dealerships for actual customer service. I see it when I go to Dodge, chrysler, ford dealerships all the time.

Maybe our cars will be on the same ship! let me know when you get a production number.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 01:12 PM   #65
tubedreamer
Private
Rep
Drives: (Sold) 2008 SSII 6MT E90

I only see the ordering guides but not the pricing guides in the original post.

Anyway, looks like on the 228 coupe ZDB (driving assistant plus) requires ZPP (premium)? Ugh, I just want blind spot detection. Don't want a moonroof and power seats, or low bit-rate sat radio.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 01:30 PM   #66
shark715
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 50i, '16 M235xi vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubedreamer View Post
I only see the ordering guides but not the pricing guides in the original post.

Anyway, looks like on the 228 coupe ZDB (driving assistant plus) requires ZPP (premium)? Ugh, I just want blind spot detection. Don't want a moonroof and power seats, or low bit-rate sat radio.
I (as well as others here) wanted blind spot detection too (especially given the large blind spots on the convertible when the top is up), but it's not part of ZDB nor available as a freestanding option.
Appreciate 0