THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery 2020 Configurator

03-30-2019, 09:59 AM   #1
MerlinMc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i

2020 Configurator

BMW USA finally has the 2020 2 series in their build configurator.

While the LSD does not seem to appear in the order guide, it does appear under options. It's not available as a port-installed option (see my other post with port-installed options). Irritating.

May the part and and get it installed separately.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 07:28 AM   #2
tcollier91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M240i

Sorry, I may not understand. But what is the disadvantage of it being a port installed option? What’s the difference, price? Or that you have to be ordering your bmw to get it installed at the port.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 07:20 PM   #3
MerlinMc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcollier91 View Post
Sorry, I may not understand. But what is the disadvantage of it being a port installed option? What’s the difference, price? Or that you have to be ordering your bmw to get it installed at the port.
No disadvantage on port-installed options other than extra time at the port. I was hoping that the LSD would be available as a port-installed option because it wasn't shown as available in BMW USA's 2 series 2020 order guide. The LSD does now show on the configurator, but too late for me since my vehicle has been built and put on a ship.

I was able to get a new BMW OEM LSD for a great price. Now just need to find someone to install. While I can tackle some things myself, I don't want to take on that task.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 12:09 PM   #4
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcollier91 View Post
Sorry, I may not understand. But what is the disadvantage of it being a port installed option? What's the difference, price? Or that you have to be ordering your bmw to get it installed at the port.
No disadvantage on port-installed options other than extra time at the port. I was hoping that the LSD would be available as a port-installed option because it wasn't shown as available in BMW USA's 2 series 2020 order guide. The LSD does now show on the configurator, but too late for me since my vehicle has been built and put on a ship.

I was able to get a new BMW OEM LSD for a great price. Now just need to find someone to install. While I can tackle some things myself, I don't want to take on that task.
Congratulations!

Negotiate a good price for the dealer to install it, go to Target and buy a cheap container then take it to the dealer and tell them to throw the old open diff in the trunk..

Use the open diff as a coffee table or sell it back.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0