THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos F23 'Re-Delivery'

06-02-2019, 10:49 AM   #1
Kokanator135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: seeking m240i

F23 'Re-Delivery'

Hey all,
I'm finally getting around to posting some pics of my new 2020 m240i in sunset orange with oyster interior. I think the color combo, along with some port-installed accessories really made it look nice. Also got some tint and PPF done full-hood half fender and mirrors, for the inevitable rocks getting kicked up by cars on the highway here in Maryland. I took official delivery on May 1st.
Calling it my re-delivery as this was the 2nd car I actually ordered. This has been in the works since last November. I previously told my story of my failed performance center delivery in South Carolina in February, and someone called it an 'undelivery' (sorry I haven't looked up that thread to give appropriate credit), and I loved the word so much that I've been using it ever since to tell this story . Long-story short, I had ordered a 2019 Melbourne Red car with a manual transmission, but it showed up with an auto.
I had been afraid of jinxing the subsequent deal until I got my actual car, but I can now give a huge shout out to Silver Spring BMW and to Linda at BMW corporate that really addressed this in a way to make me want to come back and recommend BMW in the future.
Obviously, I was upset when the car arrived with an automatic transmission, and the sales manager asked me not to take delivery of that vehicle, instead reimbursed me for getting a rental car to get back to Maryland. Turned out I had to order a 2020 model replacement. Obviously no price increase at that point over the 2019. The director at the performance center had forwarded my information to corporate and they had called me on my way home to hear my story and offer assistance in expediting the next order, being understanding of my deep disappointment after so much anticipation. Again, long story short, I had a mostly loaded car, but was added park-assist, carbon-fiber mirror caps, and a $1k credit to be used however I wanted. Honestly, the only other thing I could think of would've been the LSD, but that was quite expensive.
At this point, I felt like all the 'pain' was coming from the dealer standpoint, so I (in the process of having a car buddy conversation that non-car people would be annoyed by came up with an idea with the help of my brother. I really loved the performance center delivery experience, but wanted the full track experience. I also figured that providing the experience might be less expensive to BMW than what was actually charged to the general public. I now have an October date for the 1-day M-school!! So excited for that!
My initial order was Melbourne Red with cognac interior, but the 2020 no longer had red as an option. Now changed to sunset orange with an oyster interior....I was disappointed at 1st, but I think it's even better in hindsight. The only real difference from the 2019 that I can tell is the slightly smoked taillights, and I'm not even sure how much difference that is. I've done a little coding with BimmerCode so far. I have two sets of BMS 15mm spacers sitting in my garage just begging to be put on. Very excited to have it, and I've been out driving a lot and enjoying the weather while I have it to drive as much as possible! Thanks for hearing my story, and it's proof that addressing a problem can go a long way towards impressing a customer.

And I also added a couple pics of my red automatic in the showroom from that day I took delivery
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      06-02-2019, 01:29 PM   #2
xantdieselx
Kingslayer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23' M3 Base

Congrats! New car is beautiful. Sunset is one of those colors that just looks right on the 2. Glad BMW made it up to you. Good luck!

Previous Cars: 2008' 135i, 2010' 328i, 2013' 328i, 2016' M235i, 2017' X1, 2019' M240i
Current Cars: 2019' X3, 2021' M3 Comp
Appreciate 2
      06-03-2019, 10:03 PM   #3
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

Sweeet!!! Great looking ride and I'm so glad BMW made it right with you! I love the oyster interior - really livens up the interior and makes the car look so much more special. Meguiar's leather wipes will be your best friend. Takes any blue jean transfer right off - although I've only had it happen once with my wife's brand new jeans.

I hope you are enjoying yours as much as I am mine. I actually left work early today to take a spirited country drive and a beautiful day here in Ohio. Opportunity to insert a gratuitous picture of my EB baby...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      06-03-2019, 10:19 PM   #4
Kokanator135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: seeking m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx_Rufus View Post
Sweeet!!! Great looking ride and I'm so glad BMW made it right with you! I love the oyster interior - really livens up the interior and makes the car look so much more special. Meguiar's leather wipes will be your best friend. Takes any blue jean transfer right off - although I've only had it happen once with my wife's brand new jeans.

I hope you are enjoying yours as much as I am mine. I actually left work early today to take a spirited country drive and a beautiful day here in Ohio. Opportunity to insert a gratuitous picture of my EB baby...
Not gratuitous at all! Looks great! Glad to see Ohio has some good roads too. My experience is mostly limited to the dreary turnpike with my head on a swivel (or a squint in the distance for the inevitable state trooper or I-70, crossing to my old spot in Pittsburgh to either Indianapolis or Chicago.

Did have one weird dye transfer incident, off an old sweatshirt from target that'll never be in the car again, lol. Lexol is my friend..

Hope the performance center delivery lived up to the hype, and you got a good drive back too! Need some pics and a recap, my friend
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 06:38 AM   #5
Tslbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 24 M2 ZB MT

Just a beautiful car! Agree w Rufus, love that interior color on a vert! And the black rims w black grilles on that color....

Congrats!
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2019, 08:20 PM   #6
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

So PCD was a great time for us! Had the great dinner the night before at the hotel, but later in the evening, the rain started coming down in sheets, tornado warnings, the whole nine yards. Delivery day turned out to be beautiful, sunny and cool. Had a blast driving a sunset orange M240, especially the autocross course. I actually would have liked to do more laps.

Did the rest of the PCD with X5 off-road, factory tour etc. Took delivery of the car and was VERY pleased with the color combo. The long wait for the car allows plenty of time for second guessing your choices...

The wife and I drove down to Charleston for the week and really enjoyed the city, food, and of course, driving the F22. On the way back, we took in a section of the Blue Ridge Pkwy, but we dealt with heavy rains all day, which curtailed the experience a bit. Spent the night at the Fontana Dam Lodge, got up early the next morning to cool, dry weather and took the car up the Dragon. I had the whole Tail to myself! It was awesome! That car is unbelievably planted and competent.

Been enjoying the car ever since. It was exactly what I was looking for - tons of power, balanced, fun, great looking (I get many compliments from folks who see it in my parking spot at work). I, like you have to really keep my eyes down the road for my drivers license's sake. From a totally unscientific, seat-of-the-pants perspective, the acceleration on the B58 is not linear, but feels like an increasing function! What an engine!

Here's a couple of pics from the delivery. There's also a couple others scattered around the forum. Cheers Kokanator!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-11-2019, 09:17 PM   #7
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats!

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0