THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N20 (228i) / B46 (230i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning 2015 228i ZF8 - minor transmission oil leak from bolts of gearbox support bracket

04-13-2019, 09:02 AM   #1
ralawren
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i MSport w/Trk Pkg

2015 228i ZF8 - minor transmission oil leak from bolts of gearbox support bracket

Transmission had small leak at 23k miles. My independent noticed a minor oil spot on the transmission when flushing my brakes. Local BMW dealer also saw it but had to do a test with leak detecting dust to find the cause. The solution was to apply flange sealant and re-torque the support bracket bolts. This required removing the trans belly pan, exhaust, exhaust heat shield, drive shaft and support bracket. Everything is supposed to be fine now. It was covered under warranty.

Will have it checked before my 4 yr warranty runs out.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 03:38 AM   #2
areso
Banned
Rep
Drives: polo trendline

I own 220i with ZF 8hp (and bootmod3 tune) 43k km When I come to a stop and press parking, it's all smooth and fine but if i keep pressing the brakes, move to Drive and back to Parking (with out moving the car) there is a strong movement of the car/transmission. The transmission is working normal, although more aggressive at S with the tune vs without it. Is this behaviour normal?
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

Last edited by areso; 11-07-2019 at 01:50 PM..
Appreciate 0