THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Burger Motorsports Turbo Inlet Review

07-05-2020, 04:18 AM   #1
Getzinem
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i

Burger Motorsports Turbo Inlet Review

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are having a great weekend. After cracking the turbo inlet pipe on my BMW n55 (m235i), I really wanted the Inlet from Burger Motorsports ( BMS) to work. Honestly I prefer metal in the engine bay over plastic or silicone. I do believe that BMS is a good company and will make the adjustments to this product and hopefully this video helps those of you who get the revised version. Just thought I would share this in the meantime.

Appreciate 1
      07-05-2020, 08:02 AM   #2
Steventalon1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235i

Nice review and that sucks! I went with FTP and is was a cheaper option than pure. It fits great and mounts like stock with a flange to the turbo. Both Pure and FTP have this. They both come with the correct silicone coupler as well haha (how did they mess up on this). The only problem I initially had with FTP was the breather tube lining up to the inlet flange (was off a little bit) but was able to finagle it and got the little bolt in there/snugged it up!
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2020, 06:25 PM   #3
Getzinem
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steventalon1 View Post
Nice review and that sucks! I went with FTP and is was a cheaper option than pure. It fits great and mounts like stock with a flange to the turbo. Both Pure and FTP have this. They both come with the correct silicone coupler as well haha (how did they mess up on this). The only problem I initially had with FTP was the breather tube lining up to the inlet flange (was off a little bit) but was able to finagle it and got the little bolt in there/snugged it up!
Thanks for that, when I messaged BMS about this they told me that I had to remove the bolt (not the nut, the bolt thats welded on)... I was looking into FTP but when I was trying to order they were all out of stock so I grabbed the MST
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 09:57 PM   #4
Steventalon1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235i

Omg lol. Yeah that is a lame design and good on you for posting a review. I originally purchased a pure inlet and the picture didn't show the mounting flange and I couldn't get in contact with anyone. So I got a refund and lost money (Paypal fees) because they didn't have the picture showing it and had no picture or description of a coupler or clamps included (found out later they come with both of those things after they sent it to me anyways lol). I would have keep the pure if they would have had more information on the site or simply responded (I was trying to avoid them shipping it because I did not want to deal with it possibly coming out of the inlet without the flange and also having to source a coupler). The MST you ordered is legit I am sure. I tend to gravitate towards as much aluminum/metal piping for the intake to resonate the turbo/intake sound (love hearing the turbo/intake more than anything on my car) but it probably doesn't make a huge difference. Bigger inlet=always better.
Appreciate 0