THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums USA - Rockies / Midwest Bimmer owners beware of Murrary body works in Denver, CO

10-20-2015, 03:37 PM   #1
Live4USMC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport/2016 340XI

Bimmer owners beware of Murrary body works in Denver, CO

Some of you guys might remember my previous post where a negligent driver backed into my nearly brand new '15 M235i. Well I received the car back from Murray Body Works in Denver, the only "BMW certified" shop in Colorado mind you.

The work product I received back from Body works can only be described as awful. The new rear bumper in a complete paint mismatch. The clearcoat on the hard body parts (door, fender, trunk lid) has numerous bubbles in it. The alignment that was performed now has the steering wheel approximately 20-25 degrees off center when going straight. And the icing on the cake is the "detailer" put swirl marks and holograms all over my car even the areas that weren't resprayed. All of this took 6 weeks for the shop to complete. I also have some random BMW interior clips sitting in the cup holder of the car, not sure where they belong or what part will fall off.

I called the client adviser from Murray and sent him photos and was told this is "normal variation" and they can't guarantee it will be any better the 2nd try.

The good news...State Farm says I can take my car somewhere else to get fixed Now I need to find a good shop. I am all ears if anyone has recommendations in Colorado.
Mandatory photos of sh!t work:
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 12:36 PM   #2
hydroshock
Rep
Drives: BMW

I know it's been a month, did you get things resolved?

Usually bumpers cannot be guaranteed to paint match because they're plastic as opposed to metal and that's where that excuse comes from, but that is not even close. Usually it's a slight variation in shade, whereas that looks like they used the wrong color all-together.

I got rear ended last month, still had my temp tags on my m235i. Winslow Collision in Colorado Springs did my bumper and I was pleased with the paint matching (on Mineral White, which is a hard to match color).
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 03:00 AM   #3
Live4USMC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport/2016 340XI

Murray balked at. My attempts to get them to fix the car so I am Working with ABC auto body in Boulder. They have the car now so I am hoping they do good work.
Appreciate 0