THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning GFB (GoFastBits) DV+ T9356 Anyone?

04-29-2015, 09:00 PM   #23
Newguy123
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Nissan Titan

Working great so far on my car. Not much if any noise difference over the stock DV. Seems like a very solid product fit and finish, also can't tear
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2015, 09:43 PM   #24
abirmaher
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 & 2024 BMW X1 M35i

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost82 View Post
^It just makes your oem diverter valve stronger. Replaces the bottom portion/piston and spring, not sure about any sound increase I doubt there is a big one. Do you have an intake? You will hear the diverter valve more with a less restrictive intake
Yea, BMS intake. And ive heard these are better for our cars that BOVs because boost is like recycled rather than just released atmospherically. Is that true?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 05:23 AM   #25
boost82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirmaher View Post
Yea, BMS intake. And ive heard these are better for our cars that BOVs because boost is like recycled rather than just released atmospherically. Is that true?
Yeah you can't put a bov on a modern turbo car that uses a maf sensor. I mean you can but it's dumb because it causes you to run rich when you let off the throttle and come out of boost. The ecu thinks there is air in your intake system that is not really there because you vented it to atmosphere. Plus most bov's are vacuum activated and that will never be as instantaneous as the electric diverter valve controlled by the ecu like we have in our car.

Our car already has a diverter valve that is a piston setup. It will not tear or anything like that. I have mixed feelings about this dv+. I know a lot of the k04'd vw gti guys run the dv+ with their setups. Remember this is not a complete diverter valve. It is just the lower portion that works with the oem diverter valve that supposedly makes it stronger. Is anyone having issues with the oem diverter valve not holding boost? I haven't seen anyone talking about it.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 07:48 AM   #26
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
I had issues with oem dv holding boost post shift when running 20+ psi. It would drop 5 psi post shift every now and then.

I installed the stiffer spring that pure sent me in the oem dv. So far it runs fine. No more post shift boost drop.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 07:22 PM   #27
boost82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhold View Post
I had issues with oem dv holding boost post shift when running 20+ psi. It would drop 5 psi post shift every now and then.

I installed the stiffer spring that pure sent me in the oem dv. So far it runs fine. No more post shift boost drop.
So yeah shouldn't have an issue with a oem turbo then. None of the tunes run more than 18psi I'm pretty sure
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 12:21 AM   #28
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhold View Post

So yeah shouldn't have an issue with a oem turbo then. None of the tunes run more than 18psi I'm pretty sure
I think oem turbo is fine. I ran stage1 turbo for a year and it was fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 12:43 AM   #29
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Turbos View Post
We have 2 on the way to us for testing. We should have them Tuesday. Assuming they work as advertised, this will be the best DV solution for the N55!
Why is it better than the Forge unit?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 03:00 AM   #30
m 135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Gtr,135i,M235i,XR6 turbo

What are you doing here nug?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 11:13 AM   #31
Pure Turbos
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Turbo Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
Why is it better than the Forge unit?
1. It uses the OE electronic solenoid, resistance values don't change, so less chance of a DV CEL.
2. You don't need a boost line, vacuum line, separate air solenoid, and wiring harness adapter to control the valve (forge is a messy install).
3. It's black anodized, and basically a small sandwich plate between the compressor housing and OE DV. Very stealth.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 12:55 AM   #32
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m 135 View Post
What are you doing here nug?
I am all seeing.

Quote:
1. It uses the OE electronic solenoid, resistance values don't change, so less chance of a DV CEL.
2. You don't need a boost line, vacuum line, separate air solenoid, and wiring harness adapter to control the valve (forge is a messy install).
3. It's black anodized, and basically a small sandwich plate between the compressor housing and OE DV. Very stealth.
Good points, the Forge does add some complexity.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 06:55 PM   #33
quenotte
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: F87N M2 Competition

Anyone installed the DV+ on stock car/ECU to see that DV Error codes are triggered and how throttle response is changed?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 07:39 PM   #34
Michall
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by quenotte View Post
Anyone installed the DV+ on stock car/ECU to see that DV Error codes are triggered and how throttle response is changed?

Thanks in advance!
I have no experience with this DV on BMW's but I had been running it on my stage 2 VW GTI. It was a slight upgrade over the stock DV. It was definitely holding boost better and longer. I do not see too many benefits when installing it on a stock car but for those going stage 1 and above it would benefit mostly because it's just stronger (better design) than the stock one. I run some logs on my car with stock and then with the installed DV+ You can see them in the graphs below.
When scanning my car with vcds I got a soft code when running DV+ but it did not trigger any CEL.

Appreciate 1
      05-27-2015, 05:27 PM   #35
quenotte
Private First Class
France
Rep

Thank you for your post.
Anyone has some experience about soft codes or CEL with F2x/F3x EWG N55 and DV+?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 09:55 AM   #36
quenotte
Private First Class
France
Rep

I've ordered one. I will see if throttle response is enhanced
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 02:13 AM   #37
quenotte
Private First Class
France
Rep

Just received mine end of last week. Need to find time to install it now.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 09:31 PM   #38
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

I have had it on mine for 3 track days, I run full bolt on and meth injection, much better at holding some charge in between shifts (manual). So in conclusion the car is faster back on throttle and holds boost better. Not sure how much of a difference it would make on a stock car, but modded it is worth the cost and pain to get to the three bolts.
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2015, 01:38 AM   #39
quenotte
Private First Class
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
I have had it on mine for 3 track days, I run full bolt on and meth injection, much better at holding some charge in between shifts (manual). So in conclusion the car is faster back on throttle and holds boost better. Not sure how much of a difference it would make on a stock car, but modded it is worth the cost and pain to get to the three bolts.
Did you install the two springs?

Did you have DV error codes in DME?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 07:55 PM   #40
Pparana
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quenotte View Post
Did you install the two springs?

Did you have DV error codes in DME?

Yes, no codes.
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2015, 02:15 AM   #41
quenotte
Private First Class
France
Rep

Ok thank you for your answer
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 03:03 PM   #42
RafaVargas
Brazil
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
No we won't dyno this. It's not a power adding mod, just a supporting mod for running more boost than stock. We already have it running on a Stage 2 car, working great. Ran 28psi last night without issues.

Review is A+ so far. Manufactured well, fitment was good, and working great so far.

Yes, these can be purchased from PURE. Thanks.

Hello.

I'm currently having a few problems going into limp mode (posted here and on N54tech about that), especially when holding high boost for too long. I currently have stock turbo on a bmw F22 N55 with ER Chargepipe, Catless DP, AFE Intake and JB4.... Looking to purchase a Intercooler and Pure Stage 2 soon but first I wanna get rid of this Drivetrain error....

I hear it could be boost leak, and I though I better take care of the weak points of the pressurized system. I'm considering purchasing this DV and making a custom aluminium inlet.

It bothers me a little that the one you guys suggest in partially aluminium and partially stock plastic mended together, wouldn't it be best to make a custom one?

Also, if this is the best DV upgrade available, and if it's possible to purchase at Pure's website, could you pass me the link to purchase it? Here or via private message?

Greatly appreciate,
Rafael Vargas.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 04:26 PM   #43
Pparana
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaVargas View Post
Hello.

I'm currently having a few problems going into limp mode (posted here and on N54tech about that), especially when holding high boost for too long. I currently have stock turbo on a bmw F22 N55 with ER Chargepipe, Catless DP, AFE Intake and JB4.... Looking to purchase a Intercooler and Pure Stage 2 soon but first I wanna get rid of this Drivetrain error....

I hear it could be boost leak, and I though I better take care of the weak points of the pressurized system. I'm considering purchasing this DV and making a custom aluminium inlet.

It bothers me a little that the one you guys suggest in partially aluminium and partially stock plastic mended together, wouldn't it be best to make a custom one?

Also, if this is the best DV upgrade available, and if it's possible to purchase at Pure's website, could you pass me the link to purchase it? Here or via private message?

Greatly appreciate,
Rafael Vargas.
You do not need any mods other than this, if you have boost leak this wont fix it. The ewg (depending on build year) is an all or nothing proposition. IE when its open it all goes. This will help slow that down so when you get back on the throttle after gear change you have some pressure.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 06:08 PM   #44
Pure Turbos
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Turbo Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaVargas View Post
Hello.

Greatly appreciate,
Rafael Vargas.
Hi Sir,

Here's the link to the DV+ on our website:

http://www.pureturbos.com/store/bmw-...pgrade-dv.html

Thanks
Appreciate 0