THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery On the Boat

03-25-2019, 02:46 PM   #1
MerlinMc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i

On the Boat

My 2020 M240i is now "on the boat" and underway to the west coast. For past orders and ED, Wallenius Wilhemlsen (WW) was always the carrier. WW has a nice tracking feature that uses the VIN.

This time it's NYK, so no tracking from the shipping company though they do publish a sailing schedule. This website has been useful to track the ship's progress once I had the name:

https://www.marinetraffic.com

From order to on the boat was < a month and there was a little waiting time for the 2020 line to get underway.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 10:20 PM   #2
Raadness
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240ix cp

Garage List
2020 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMc View Post
My 2020 M240i is now "on the boat" and underway to the west coast. For past orders and ED, Wallenius Wilhemlsen (WW) was always the carrier. WW has a nice tracking feature that uses the VIN.

This time it's NYK, so no tracking from the shipping company though they do publish a sailing schedule. This website has been useful to track the ship's progress once I had the name:

https://www.marinetraffic.com

From order to on the boat was < a month and there was a little waiting time for the 2020 line to get underway.
so cool.Did they tell you the carrier on mybmw.com?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 12:10 AM   #3
MerlinMc
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raadness View Post
so cool.Did they tell you the carrier on mybmw.com?
BMW My Garage was helpful, but had to call the 800 number to get the ship. This functionality should be added. The ship my vehicle was on had already left the first port by the time I found out. Multiple stops in German ports before heading to the UK. Should leave UK now with the next stop in California.

The dealer also proactively contacted me the next day with the name of the ship.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 05:23 AM   #4
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

Congrats Merlin! It seems like yours got through production quickly. I saw that you picked the Estoril. What did the rest of your order look like?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 03:33 PM   #5
MerlinMc
Lieutenant
Rep

order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx_Rufus View Post
Congrats Merlin! It seems like yours got through production quickly. I saw that you picked the Estoril. What did the rest of your order look like?
Black interior, Premium Package, HK, Cerium Grey 719m staggered wheels with nonrunflats, moonroof deletion, ...

My current M235i is my 1st of multiple BMWs with an automatic. The transmission has worked out really well, so I am getting an auto on the M240i as well.

Will probably swap out the wheels.

Ship has now left the UK and is headed for Port Hueneme, CA via the Panama Canal. That's where my vehicle makes landfall for a trip north.
Appreciate 0