THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Weird issue with iDrive Text Messaging

06-15-2019, 03:19 PM   #1
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Weird issue with iDrive Text Messaging

I have an old iPhone (5S) that I use as a CarPlay device only. It is not my primary or business phone. I have a Pixel 3 that I use for everything else.

The CarPlay setup works fine and i have the Pixel 3 set up as "additional telephone". I can make and receive calls with it no problem. I can also receive text messages through iDrive without an issue. I can't, however reply to a text or send a new text. Those options are missing entirely from the Messaging feature. I can forward the message and it sends fine, but there's no reply option (and no send).

Not sure if this is a settings issue or a coding one. I can code if necessary (if I knew what to code) through BimmerCode.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0