THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Convenient Opening windows WITHOUT sunroof

06-05-2019, 03:42 PM   #1
KDML105
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Convenient Opening windows WITHOUT sunroof

After lurking around this forum for a while, I finally have a new (to me) 2016 M235i 6MT that I am absolutely in love with! Naturally, the next logical steps were to finally register for 2addicts and to do some DIY and coding. Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but I tried searching the forum to no avail. I've even been in touch with Stephan (BimmerCode's developer) and we haven't come up with a solution yet:

On my previous E46 and E84, there is a coding parameter that allowed for Convenient Opening (holding "unlock" on the key fob) to roll down all four windows after a customizable delay, but without opening the sunroof. I could also code Convenient Closing to close all of the windows including the sunroof. The practical outcome was that Convenient Closing would always ensure the sunroof was closed upon leaving the vehicle (and prevent me from inadvertently filling the car with the voluminous Florida rain), whereas Convenient Opening would not allow me to unexpectedly open the sunroof.

However, I haven't figured out how to code this in an F22. I've tried the following, but no matter what the windows will roll down (after the specified delay) followed by the sunroof (after a short, almost imperceptible delay that doesn't seem to change irrespective of coded value):
  • Set KOMFORT_OEFF_SHD to 0xFF (100 x 255 ms, maximum value)
  • Set KOMFORT_OEFF_SHD to 0x64 (100 x 100 ms = 10 seconds)
  • Set KOMFORT_OEFF_SHD to 0x32 (50 x 100 ms = 5 seconds)
  • Set all "Convenient Opening" delays to the preset maximums (2.5 seconds to start, 1.5 seconds after rear windows, 3.5 seconds before sunroof)

Stephan believes it may even have something to do with the F22 not having rear windows to roll down, because the sunroof opening is started with a delay after the rear windows have rolled down. (I should also mention that I've tried setting all of the "Convenient Opening" delays to the preset minimums ("No delay") and the behavior is as expected: all windows and the sunroof open at the same time.)

Is anybody familiar with a workaround? Thanks!
Appreciate 0