THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Manhart MH2 Widebody Kit

05-19-2019, 12:26 PM   #1
Dawn
Management
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i xDrive, Honda Civic

Exclamation Manhart MH2 Widebody Kit

An amateur seeking your knowledge.

Over the course of the last two years, I've been on the market searching for a new vehicle. This month I took delivery of a 2015 BMW M235i xDrive (Very low mileage 16k). Like any carhead, i've been browsing forums and websites constantly before even purchasing the car looking for aftermarket parts. From performance, interior and exterior modifications.

But... I have fallen in love with the Manhart 2-series wide body kit.

Modifications to consider related to the kit:
  • Wheels and Tires.
  • Suspension, with either predetermined lowering springs or coilovers.
Other modifications in consideration:
  • Exhaust system.
  • Full farbon fiber trim interior replacement.
  • Carbon fiber front splitter.
  • Carbon fiber rear diffuser.

I've been in contact with their sales representative for a few days now, going back and forth figuring out the logistics. I do live in Canada, and they stated I would be their first Canadian customer if I were the purchase the kit. However, there's slightly a communication problem. Purchasing the kit doesn't seem to be the issue but rather the installation process.

I have the money saved up. I can afford the kit, and to an extent get work done on the vehicle but I'm completely lost on the installation process as there are no rivnuts.

What's the installation process looking like?
Will it need to be molded to the body of the car?

They state that only modifications needed are the rear fenders, but I have a feeling like that's unlikely.
      05-20-2019, 11:17 AM   #2
wahooooman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Atlantis M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
An amateur seeking your knowledge.

Over the course of the last two years, I've been on the market searching for a new vehicle. This month I took delivery of a 2015 BMW M235i xDrive (Very low mileage 16k). Like any carhead, i've been browsing forums and websites constantly before even purchasing the car looking for aftermarket parts. From performance, interior and exterior modifications.

But... I have fallen in love with the Manhart 2-series wide body kit.

Modifications to consider related to the kit:
  • Wheels and Tires.
  • Suspension, with either predetermined lowering springs or coilovers.
Other modifications in consideration:
  • Exhaust system.
  • Full farbon fiber trim interior replacement.
  • Carbon fiber front splitter.
  • Carbon fiber rear diffuser.

I've been in contact with their sales representative for a few days now, going back and forth figuring out the logistics. I do live in Canada, and they stated I would be their first Canadian customer if I were the purchase the kit. However, there's slightly a communication problem. Purchasing the kit doesn't seem to be the issue but rather the installation process.

I have the money saved up. I can afford the kit, and to an extent get work done on the vehicle but I'm completely lost on the installation process as there are no rivnuts.

What's the installation process looking like?
Will it need to be molded to the body of the car?

They state that only modifications needed are the rear fenders, but I have a feeling like that's unlikely.
This is a true statement, I was in the same boat as you unfortunately when i found out it would be $10k+ for body work and paint i decided against this (Not including the price of the kit). The bumper front fenders need to be painted and blended the rears quarters are cut and the panels molded or seam sealed(not recommended) then blended and it needs to be a perfect blend or it will look like garbage.
I realized i was not going to keep the Car forever and i would never see the return on investment. so Wheels suspension and big turbo i went and never looked back .

Goodluck with your quest and welcome to the family !
      05-27-2019, 02:35 PM   #3
Dawn
Management
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i xDrive, Honda Civic

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahooooman View Post
This is a true statement, I was in the same boat as you unfortunately when i found out it would be $10k+ for body work and paint i decided against this (Not including the price of the kit). The bumper front fenders need to be painted and blended the rears quarters are cut and the panels molded or seam sealed(not recommended) then blended and it needs to be a perfect blend or it will look like garbage.
I realized i was not going to keep the Car forever and i would never see the return on investment. so Wheels suspension and big turbo i went and never looked back .

Goodluck with your quest and welcome to the family !
Thank you for replying!

That's exactly what I've come to the conclusion, although I really want to make this dream become a reality. As for the quotes on labor work, I have not been able to find any local body shops.

I ended up requesting a direct quote from Manhart and they roughly quoted me $3,000 USD for installation and paint work. Yes. $3k. Expecting anything costing $5-10k locally, is it worthwhile for me to ship my car directly to Germany to get this accomplished by the company themselves?