THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes 228i Sportline Suspension

04-06-2019, 01:35 PM   #1
Gary_S
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i Xdrive

228i Sportline Suspension

Hello. Recent first-time BMW owner with a CPO 228i xdrive. The car is a huge upgrade over my previous Honda Accord Sport although I traded the Honda 6spd manual for an auto to get xdrive (and glad I did so given how much snow we had here in Minneapolis this winter). I was a bit skeptical about the benefits of xdrive but was really impressed how easy the car was to drive around on slippery roads.

The base suspension is a bit floaty through corners and I would like to improve control without sacrificing ride comfort as the roads around here are terrible. Anyone one have experience/suggestions for simple suspension mods for the 228 xdrive? Car will never see a track so don't want to get too crazy.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 10:15 PM   #2
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

If you are looking for a simple upgrade to better control the body motions and not sacrifice any ride quality, ground clearance and such, the best bet is to upgrade the struts and shocks.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 06:13 PM   #3
Gary_S
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i Xdrive

Thanks for the feedback. Been doing a bit of reading and it sounded like the Dinan Spring/Ride Handling Kit might have been an easy/economical option but they don't make if for the x-drive version. I will do some research on shocks/struts but would welcome any input based on experience.
Appreciate 0