THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Favorite exhausts for M235

03-02-2015, 09:08 PM   #45
Nutballa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 // BMW F22 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike/AWE View Post
If you haven't already had a chance to check out our new M235i exhausts, please give them a listen!

AWE Tuning M235i Touring Edition Axle Back Exhaust

AWE Tuning M235i Touring Edition Axle Back Exhaust + Performance Mid Pipe
Oh this sounds good. may consider this exhaust2 weeks wait for mine M235 delivery
Appreciate 2
RMNB365.00
      03-02-2015, 11:08 PM   #46
quicknick235
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive Estoril Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffery_stearns
Just ordered my GTHAUS Super GT Racing 2x102mm Round Split with optional AR Pipe. Around 6 weeks of wait and $2994. Ouch.
Awesome! PLEASE post a review/video once it's installed!

Garage queens: 2014 F10 M5, 2014 Gallardo lp560-2
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 11:23 AM   #47
Josh/AWE
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutballa View Post
Oh this sounds good. may consider this exhaust2 weeks wait for mine M235 delivery
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 12:10 PM   #48
KAY-OS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i F22

I recently installed an Eisenmann race exhaust with sound pipe (non resonated). Was able to compare it between the MP exhaust and meisterschaft GTC in person. I thought the MP exhaust was too soft for my liking, only a bit louder than the stock. Eisenmann race and meisterschaft was similar in volume, but the Eisenmann had louder pop/gurgling than the meisterschaft in sport mode. I also find the armytrix / iPE sound from youtube clips not deep/bassy enough IMO. Here's a clip i took recently, check out the sound. There isn't much clips on the sound of the Eisenmann on the net, so hope this helps.

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 09:47 PM   #49
TB///M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffery_stearns View Post
Just ordered my GTHAUS Super GT Racing 2x102mm Round Split with optional AR Pipe. Around 6 weeks of wait and $2994. Ouch.
Did you get your exhaust yet? I placed an order, after they delayed it for 2 months, i cancelled it.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 10:04 PM   #50
jeffery_stearns
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White BMW M235i, X5

Garage List
2015 BMW m235i  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluF22 View Post
Did you get your exhaust yet? I placed an order, after they delayed it for 2 months, i cancelled it.
Still waiting, it has only been four weeks since I've ordered. I'll be gone for a month for training so I don't mind the wait.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 07:39 AM   #51
quicknick235
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive Estoril Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAY-OS
I recently installed an Eisenmann race exhaust with sound pipe (non resonated). Was able to compare it between the MP exhaust and meisterschaft GTC in person. I thought the MP exhaust was too soft for my liking, only a bit louder than the stock. Eisenmann race and meisterschaft was similar in volume, but the Eisenmann had louder pop/gurgling than the meisterschaft in sport mode. I also find the armytrix / iPE sound from youtube clips not deep/bassy enough IMO. Here's a clip i took recently, check out the sound. There isn't much clips on the sound of the Eisenmann on the net, so hope this helps.

Thanks! That sounds amazing! That definitely helps, you're right there are no sound clips on the web of this exhaust. Good luck with it.

Garage queens: 2014 F10 M5, 2014 Gallardo lp560-2
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 06:18 PM   #52
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 440xi GC

I heard the AWE in person on a V6 S5, so similar engine and it sounded so good that I rolled down the window at the next light to find out what it was. I think this is the route I will go.

RETIRED:
2018 440xi GC, Carbon Black on Black/Blue
2014 M235i Black on Black, DINAN Stage 2
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2015, 08:20 PM   #53
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

After 2k miles my MPE has opened up and sounds fabulous
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 11:21 PM   #54
supremepower
Supreme Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80, 996GT2, 996TT, 991RS 356b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmm235i
I heard the AWE in person on a V6 S5, so similar engine and it sounded so good that I rolled down the window at the next light to find out what it was. I think this is the route I will go.
Shoot me a PM if you're looking for a vendor

We offer the best rates for AWE products!

Sales & service of BBS Street & Motorsport products.
BBS Highest Volume Dealer 2015 thru 2022
All the top brands at the prices and service you can count on. Professional installation.
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2015, 08:41 PM   #55
den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

So which system keeps the valvetronic system? I like the idea of in comfort it's quiet and in sport it's loud
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 08:45 PM   #56
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 440xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremepower View Post
Shoot me a PM if you're looking for a vendor

We offer the best rates for AWE products!
Thanks, will do. Look for me in the next couple weeks when I get my car back from the shop.

RETIRED:
2018 440xi GC, Carbon Black on Black/Blue
2014 M235i Black on Black, DINAN Stage 2
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2015, 10:56 PM   #57
den525
Captain
Rep

With all these systems whether it's turbo back, cat-back, axel back.... How does the active valve work in terms of installation? are there electronic wiring required to install (don't really know how comfort and sport mode changes)
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 11:45 PM   #58
KAY-OS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by den525 View Post
With all these systems whether it's turbo back, cat-back, axel back.... How does the active valve work in terms of installation? are there electronic wiring required to install (don't really know how comfort and sport mode changes)
Hi den525. I ain't no expert, but I installed the eisenmann exhaust and here's what I know.
For RHD (i'm not sure about LHD), there is a wire on the left of the exhaust. This is to control the valve (in comfort, valve is closed for softer volume, in sport, valve is opened for louder volume). On the left side of the stock exhaust, there's a small black box. The wire connects to this box, and this box in turn controls the valve.

For aftermarket exhaust which retains this valve function in comfort/sport mode such as the akraprovic (for the 3 or 4 series), eisenmann sport exhaust, and milltek, I think they require to reinstall the small black box on the aftermarket exhaust, and then connect the wire to it for the valve control. For the eisenmann race exhaust, there's a space to reinstall the black box, so I just connect the wire to it.But for the race exhaust, the black box is not connected to any valves, so it will be louder all the time.

For other exhausts such as iPE, armytrix, meisterschaft GTC, I think the valve is controlled by several means, such as manually with a remote switch or auto depending on rpm.

BCS exhaust is slightly different. They have something called power valve which the valve is controlled by exhaust pressure.

Again, I'm not an expert, so correct me if i'm wrong. Hope this helps though.
Appreciate 1
koston37.00
      04-04-2015, 11:58 AM   #59
den525
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAY-OS View Post
Hi den525. I ain't no expert, but I installed the eisenmann exhaust and here's what I know.
For RHD (i'm not sure about LHD), there is a wire on the left of the exhaust. This is to control the valve (in comfort, valve is closed for softer volume, in sport, valve is opened for louder volume). On the left side of the stock exhaust, there's a small black box. The wire connects to this box, and this box in turn controls the valve.

For aftermarket exhaust which retains this valve function in comfort/sport mode such as the akraprovic (for the 3 or 4 series), eisenmann sport exhaust, and milltek, I think they require to reinstall the small black box on the aftermarket exhaust, and then connect the wire to it for the valve control. For the eisenmann race exhaust, there's a space to reinstall the black box, so I just connect the wire to it.But for the race exhaust, the black box is not connected to any valves, so it will be louder all the time.

For other exhausts such as iPE, armytrix, meisterschaft GTC, I think the valve is controlled by several means, such as manually with a remote switch or auto depending on rpm.

BCS exhaust is slightly different. They have something called power valve which the valve is controlled by exhaust pressure.

Thanks for all the information. Will look into it, and ask about it when I email distributors.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 03:45 PM   #60
supremepower
Supreme Leader
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by den525
Quote:

Thanks for all the information. Will look into it, and ask about it when I email distributors.
Most of these exhausts take advantage of the factory valve controls. For example AWE or Eisenmann.

Whereas iPE, Meisterschaft, FI, and Armytrix have their own valve modules that plug in place of the OEM ones. This way the valves are controlled by remotes provided by the manufacturer

Sales & service of BBS Street & Motorsport products.
BBS Highest Volume Dealer 2015 thru 2022
All the top brands at the prices and service you can count on. Professional installation.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 05:29 PM   #61
skitsos
Police Magnet
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i (F22)

I have been thinking and I might do this before buying an after market exhaust system (Armytrix is still my top choice), I might straight pipe my car with my local muffler shop. I have given this some thought because "lol why the hell not?" I don't really have anything to lose here, it is very cheap and if I don't like the feel/sound, I will have an Armytrix exhaust waiting to be ordered. I am just thinking about this because maybe it will be perfect for me and I won't need to spend $3000+ on aftermarket, and save that for other important mods down the road.
      04-05-2015, 09:37 PM   #62
KAY-OS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremepower View Post
Most of these exhausts take advantage of the factory valve controls. For example AWE or Eisenmann.

Whereas iPE, Meisterschaft, FI, and Armytrix have their own valve modules that plug in place of the OEM ones. This way the valves are controlled by remotes provided by the manufacturer
Thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 09:50 PM   #63
supremepower
Supreme Leader
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitsos View Post
I have been thinking and I might do this before buying an after market exhaust system (Armytrix is still my top choice), I might straight pipe my car with my local muffler shop. I have given this some thought because "lol why the hell not?" I don't really have anything to lose here, it is very cheap and if I don't like the feel/sound, I will have an Armytrix exhaust waiting to be ordered. I am just thinking about this because maybe it will be perfect for me and I won't need to spend $3000+ on aftermarket, and save that for other important mods down the road.
Gotta make your mind up quick! The Armytrix systems are coming by boat and will arrive in May! A lot of the allocations are going quick!

Quote:
Thanks for the info!
No problem
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 08:54 PM   #64
den525
Captain
Rep

Anyone with experience on milltek or supersprint? I've narrowed it down to those two options... They have local dealers in Australia, so it's not a hassle to import myself
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2015, 02:32 AM   #65
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Den,

There's a few owners on Babybmw.net forum here in the UK that have Milltek systems on their mx35i.

BP
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2015, 06:03 AM   #66
eboosted
Private First Class
Peru
Rep
Drives: x6 5.0i xdrive 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmm235i View Post
I don't this you could compare an Audi engine with a BMW only because they have similar engine sizes.

I love the way BMW engine sounds, deep and masculine
Appreciate 0