THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N20 (228i) / B46 (230i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning 230i muffler delete?

05-01-2019, 03:08 PM   #1
_2fast2furious_
Private
Rep
Drives: 2 series

230i muffler delete?

Hey guys i was looking into exhaust options for my 230i, and the ones that I found that are aftermarket such as Deanann and I M performance did not sound very good especially for the price tag. But then I saw a video of some people that do something called a muffler delete or a resonator delete. I don’t know the difference between either, or if one is better than the other. Anyways I just saw the muffler delete videos online for a 228i (mine is a 230i) and it sounded amazing Compared to the ones I mentioned above. Am I able to do this to my car? I went to a muffler shop just now and he said they can do it, but I need to find tips now. What tips should I buy? I don’t know where to start looking or what’s the best place to buy it with the faster shipping and the cheapest price. I just want one that looks like the original stock one. Am I able to use the original stock one? I am on a lease, will this cause problems with warranty or anything when I return the car?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 08:31 AM   #2
lnoble
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 230i

If you have the m performance package you could get a m240i diffuser and run tips out of each side you could use either 3.5 or 3 inch tips whichever you prefer. If you want to keep your stock diffuser you can run 2 2.75 inch tips out of the one side. Can probably find some good cheap ones on ebay for you to buy. Here are a couple threads talking about exhaust and tips.

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1158151

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1095598

And if you still want to use the stock ones that should work the shop can just cut out the muffler and weld a straight pipe in while keeping stock tips I believe.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 02:08 PM   #3
_2fast2furious_
Private
Rep
Drives: 2 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnoble View Post
If you have the m performance package you could get a m240i diffuser and run tips out of each side you could use either 3.5 or 3 inch tips whichever you prefer. If you want to keep your stock diffuser you can run 2 2.75 inch tips out of the one side. Can probably find some good cheap ones on ebay for you to buy. Here are a couple threads talking about exhaust and tips.

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1158151

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1095598

And if you still want to use the stock ones that should work the shop can just cut out the muffler and weld a straight pipe in while keeping stock tips I believe.
I want to get the 240 style diffuser and exhaust. Do you have a link to the exhaust tips needed? I am having trouble finding this stuff myself and im not familiar with parts needed.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 08:22 AM   #4
Joakim_79
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i 2018

Insert for bumper, rear -M- 51128055574
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 07:41 PM   #5
Samson427
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i

My recommendation would be to go back to that shop and ask them to make you a straight pipe. I had this done with my 228i and love it. Ask them to use the stock sleeve and that way you can put the stock muffler back on whenever your lease expires. No advice on what to do in regards to 240i tips and diffuser.
Appreciate 0