THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Classifieds Members Classifieds Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover Feeler: 2014 Bmw M235i 6-speed M-lsd

03-23-2019, 06:48 AM   #23
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kml_99 View Post
Slightly off topic: how's it transporting baby in a 2 series? We are preparing for baby and I want to make a 2 series my version of a family car . (My current car only has two seats.) My wife has an suv so I figure that's available for more demanding hauls, while the 2 series should be perfect for baby transport around town (to/from day care before and after work, basically) .... Thoughts?
It's been working ok for almost a year now. Stroller (Nuna Mixx2) fits fine in trunk, and we even used to transport bassinet on passengers side seat. I have Nuna Pipa carseat. You have 2 options, isofix latches (fixes metal rods) or get one that uses flexible latch belts. With isofix you can pretty much only install carseat on the passenger side and basically move front seat most of the way forward. My wife still has plenty of room behind driver's seat, but front passenger seat becomes useless. With latching belts (I think Uppababy has them), I heard in this forum that you can manage to install carseat in the middle position which might work out better and possibly be safer, I haven't tried because I already bought Nuna back then.
Basically if u transport baby everyday, it's a pain in the ass. Nuna just barely clears the opening when front seat is moved all the way forward, kinda have to wiggle it in there and put on the base. Then if you need to fix something like pacifier or sun visor etc, you have to climb in the back from driver's side ...pain < if you are alone that is. But if you are using it once a week or so, I don't see any issues.

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 03-24-2019 at 11:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 11:39 AM   #24
kml_99
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Audi TT --> 2013 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
It's been working ok for almost a year now. Stroller (Nuna Mixx2) fits fine in trunk, and we even used to transport bassinet on passengers side seat. I have Nuna Pipa carseat. You have 2 options, isofix latches (fixes metal rods) or get one that uses flexible latch belts. With isofix you can pretty much only install carseat on the passenger side and basically move front seat most of the way forward. My wife still has plenty of room behind driver's seat, but front passenger seat becomes useless. With latching belts (I think Uppababy has them), I heard in this forum that you can manage to install carseat in the middle position which might work out better and possibly be safer, I haven't tried because I already bought Nuna back then.
Basically if u transport baby everyday, it's a pain in the ass. Nuna just barely clears the opening when front seat is moved all the way back, kinda have to wiggle it in there and put on the base. Then if you need to fix something like pacifier or sun visor etc, you have to climb in the back from driver's side ...pain < if you are alone that is. But if you are using it once a week or so, I don't see any issues.
Wow thank you so much! Great info!

But also now I'm a little sad because I thought the 2 series had a little more room than a TT and 911 (not in my budget anyway), which I tested with an infant car seat and both require a similar configuration with the passenger seat all the way forward.... I thought this would be manageable with the infant car seat at least, so I was hoping the 2 series would have more room to grow to a non-infant rear-facing car seat... I may have to rethink this....

But, does the joy of driving a quick and nimble car make the pain and hassle with it??
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 11:08 PM   #25
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kml_99 View Post
Wow thank you so much! Great info!

But also now I'm a little sad because I thought the 2 series had a little more room than a TT and 911 (not in my budget anyway), which I tested with an infant car seat and both require a similar configuration with the passenger seat all the way forward.... I thought this would be manageable with the infant car seat at least, so I was hoping the 2 series would have more room to grow to a non-infant rear-facing car seat... I may have to rethink this....

But, does the joy of driving a quick and nimble car make the pain and hassle with it??
You probably need 5-series or an SUV to have full access to front passenger seat, even in my wife's IS350 Lexus its not usable....but this is with Nuna, others might be different and if you mount in the middle it might work better. Then when you convert to front facing, people say kids start kicking the back of the front seat all the time because there is so little room.

I mean I like driving my car and I can obviously deal with it, as long as you dont care about the front passenger seat. I am not selling my car just because I desperately need something bigger, I just though it might be nice to change and this time to something bigger. The lack of space is probably more of an excuse then an actual issue. Now I can tell my wife I need a new car and she cant tell me anything I also always wanted Porsche and I like Cayenne, so its a double win.

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 03-25-2019 at 05:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 11:19 AM   #26
tcoffin014
Rep
Drives: 2007 STI, 1998 Integra

Also interested. I'll be watching for when you sell
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 08:04 AM   #27
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Still looking for a car to purchase. Will jump on a deal asap, cant find anything. Cars I am looking at are extremely unpopular in North East. I already settled that I will most likely need to buy something out of state without even seeing the car, but some of those are scary to pull the trigger.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 09:10 AM   #28
nobelium27
Not so new anymore
Rep
Drives: 2014 F22 228i m-sport

Quote:
Still looking for a car to purchase. Will jump on a deal asap, cant find anything. Cars I am looking at are extremely unpopular in North East. I already settled that I will most likely need to buy something out of state without even seeing the car, but some of those are scary to pull the trigger.
Maybe a cpo car? I did that with my 228i and haven't had a problem
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 10:01 AM   #29
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobelium27 View Post
Maybe a cpo car? I did that with my 228i and haven't had a problem
I am more worried about wear and tear and title transfer, shipping the car etc. Never purchased out of state before, especially from private party.

Like now a guy is selling a car, price is good, I asked for high resolution pictures... he send me low res, I asked about title.... got no reply yet, and the color sucks. If it was local I could probably deal with it....

Before M235i I was going to purchase another car, spent 8 hours driving to NY and back. Car looked great on pictures, Carfax was clean etc, when I arrived and saw the car close by it looked all fcked, pretty sure it was totaled and fixed at cheap shop for quick sale

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 05-14-2019 at 10:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 10:08 AM   #30
nobelium27
Not so new anymore
Rep

Quote:
I am more worried about wear and tear and title transfer, shipping the car etc. Never purchased out of state before, especially from private party.
Getting my car shipped out of CA to IL was a PITA. Got my car almost a month after I purchased it. Costed me about a grand. I'd try to get that sorted out before you commit.

When I sold my car to an out of state person, I just looked up what my DMV needed to process my sale in my state, and the buyer did the same for his state. You should be able to find it online.

For wear and tear, there are traveling mechanics that you'll probably be able to hire to do the checkup for ~$100.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 10:14 AM   #31
nobelium27
Not so new anymore
Rep

Quote:
Like now a guy is selling a car, price is good, I asked for high resolution pictures... he send me low res, I asked about title.... got no reply yet, and the color sucks. If it was local I could probably deal with it....
Sounds like you might not want to purchase the car Is it possible that he's sending you the pics through a text message - which compresses the images to 5 pixels? If so you should ask him to upload it online and link you to the pics.

Quote:
Before M235i I was going to purchase another car, spent 8 hours driving to NY and back. Car looked great on pictures, Carfax was clean etc, when I arrived and saw the car close by it looked all fcked, pretty sure it was totaled and fixed at cheap shop for quick sale
A lot of shady people in car sales you should definitely have someone (your friend or a 3rd party) look at it for you before you buy anything. This is pretty much why I stuck to CPO only when I was looking at cars out of state.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 09:55 AM   #32
miwialex
Rep
Drives: currently none

any chance you found a new car to purchase yet? quite interested in the car when you decide to sell
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 04:16 PM   #33
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

It was actually sold this morning. Sorry.
Appreciate 0