THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes my Hawk Performance HPS 5.0 pad review

05-07-2019, 10:20 PM   #1
vancitymike
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

my Hawk Performance HPS 5.0 pad review

I installed them a few months back along with a ATE brake fluid flush, and in that time I've done 2 medium-intensity track days and 2 autocross days, and 2 flushes.

These pads are not full track pads, they are for street/track, and as of yet they function just like the stock pads as far as I can tell. Compared to stock pads, they're a lot beefier - Mine happen squeak a little bit when releasing, but otherwise are totally quiet, even after a fair bit of use. They seem to work ok when cold, although maybe not as grabby as the stock pads

on the track, they seemed to work great, although I haven't tried full track pads as of yet - I'm happy with them, and I think they'll work fine for the level of track/street driving I do. As of yet I see no drawbacks/shortcomings

Last year I was at the same track with the stock pads/fluid - early that day there was obvious brake fade and noise after as a result of the use. When I went back this year with the Hawk pads/Ate fluid, there wasn't really any fade, and despite pushing the car harder, there was no squealing after (unlike the stock pads).

Last edited by vancitymike; 05-16-2019 at 05:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 09:06 PM   #2
Hekler
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i Black on Black

How are these for dusting on the beautiful rims?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 10:20 PM   #3
vancitymike
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekler View Post
How are these for dusting on the beautiful rims?
Seems like quite a bit more dust on track, but about the same amount as the stock pads when on the street
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 09:05 AM   #4
MikeG12
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M40, 2000 Z3M, 2017 X1

On my 228i M Sport, the Hawk pads dust a lot less than stock pads, but are not as high friction. You have to press a little harder for the same braking.
Appreciate 0