THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes M240 Brake discs+pads upgrade?

04-09-2019, 03:49 PM   #1
ToppedOut
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW f21 118i Msport, BMW M240

M240 Brake discs+pads upgrade?

Hi guys, new to this sort of thing.

Looking for some recommendations on what brake discs and pads i should put on my m240, i have the usual M sport calipers and would like a straight swap, preferably drilled or slotted discs and some street performance pads. Thanks again

If anyone can point me to a thread where this is already discussed then that would be a bonus.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 12:24 AM   #2
john16443
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Brake pads are discussed in The Brake Pad thread in this section. For street driving, the Powerstop Z26 and StopTech street performance pads should work well for you. The powerstop pads will dust less.

Rotors are available from many sources, including TireRack, RockAuto, ECS and FCP Euro to name a few.

FCP Euro: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...nn-34106797602

ECS: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-power-st...br1402xpr~pst/

Also go to www.powerstop.com directly
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 11:31 AM   #3
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToppedOut View Post
Hi guys, new to this sort of thing.

Looking for some recommendations on what brake discs and pads i should put on my m240, i have the usual M sport calipers and would like a straight swap, preferably drilled or slotted discs and some street performance pads. Thanks again

If anyone can point me to a thread where this is already discussed then that would be a bonus.
The most popular pads we sell for street duty are the Stoptech Sport and the Porterfield R4-S. Most of our customers are M2/3/4 but they use the same M Sport calipers as the F2x and F3x.

The Porterfield R4-S has a better initial bite than the Stoptech Sport. Maximum operating temperatures are very similar. Both aren't the dustless type but they do dust less than OEM.
Appreciate 0