THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Ferodo DS2500 compatible with brake pad wear sensor?

12-29-2019, 02:58 PM   #1
Pbdeed
Private
Rep
Drives: M240i

Ferodo DS2500 compatible with brake pad wear sensor?

Hello,

I want to improve my m240i brake pads for sporty daily driving and track day (twice in a year, in a non very fast track).

My options are EBC Yellowstuff, EBC Bluestuff and Ferodo DS2500. It seems that there is a consensus about DS2500 being a better track pad for this usage and, in addition, it is cheaper than either EBC pads for my M240i.

I´ve read in some forums that ferodo ds2500 are NOT compatible with brake pad wear sensors, but I´ve also read in some posts that they are. Could anyone that have installed these pads confirm if they are compatible or not?

I also take the opportunity to ask for advice for choosing between those pads. I´m inclined for the DS2500.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 11:59 PM   #2
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

I'm running the Ferodo DS2500's for my summer pads with a few HPDE's per season, and I love them - good even when dead cold, great on track; but they did get noisy at about half-worn. I haven't run the EBC's to directly compare, but comments on here suggest they are more of 'aggressive street' and won't do as well on track. I can also confirm that the wear sensors do fit into a notch on the Ferodo's (and the wear sensor is just a fancy contact switch, so worst case you just zip tie it out of the way if your pads don't have a spot).
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 10:50 PM   #3
ggggbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Manual

I've also used the DS2500, and can confirm that YES, the brake sensor notch is compatible with the sensors. Perfect fit. Front and rear pads. Search the forum and you can find my first review on these. Overall a nice street pad and entry-level track pad, run quiet, and I really like the modulation. But they will not stand up to moderate/heavy track use, and they are at least as dusty as the OEM pads. And unlike others, I find they need a few blocks of driving to warm up for good use. Stone cold backing down my driveway is scary.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 12:39 PM   #4
Pbdeed
Private
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggggbmw View Post
I've also used the DS2500, and can confirm that YES, the brake sensor notch is compatible with the sensors. Perfect fit. Front and rear pads. Search the forum and you can find my first review on these. Overall a nice street pad and entry-level track pad, run quiet, and I really like the modulation. But they will not stand up to moderate/heavy track use, and they are at least as dusty as the OEM pads. And unlike others, I find they need a few blocks of driving to warm up for good use. Stone cold backing down my driveway is scary.
Thank you for the information. That's the exact use I need, 90% street and 10% light track.
Appreciate 0