THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions 6NS enhanced bluetooth and HU_NBT2

03-01-2016, 01:33 PM   #23
voip-ninja
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusH View Post
It's the same with my uk sept 15 build 135i.
Don't get office box to tick on the Idrive with iPhone 6
There must be another value to change that is not in older versions?
You might want to have a look at this thread also;

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=899063

One of the more knowledgeable contributors there did a comparison between the values showing in my log file and the values on his F80 and recommended making a few FDL coding changes.

However after doing this it's still not working.

So, will probably require someone a little more knowledgeable yet to compare the new HU with the old one... it is also possible that there is a CAFD file change in ESYS that is needed to get this working fully.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 09:16 AM   #24
AirbusH
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M135i LCI 2015

I've seen the thread, and successfully VO coded and the only parameter I can't find and change is

HMI_36_36_8=nicht_aktiv

I guess the newer build HU NBT2 need something else changed instead.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 09:35 AM   #25
voip-ninja
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusH View Post
I've seen the thread, and successfully VO coded and the only parameter I can't find and change is

HMI_36_36_8=nicht_aktiv

I guess the newer build HU NBT2 need something else changed instead.
I think I found that parameter by doing a search in ESYS but coding it had no affect on the problem.

You might want to comment on the thread at Bimmerfest that you also have the issue in order to bump it up and keep people engaged.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 09:39 PM   #26
clyjr
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quick update on my findings.
I had coded 6NH --> 6NS, didn't change any of the other FDLs that were mentioned.
I then could see the Office menu in connected drive.
I then removed and repaired my Nexus 6P (Google Fi), accepted the message on the phone asking to share contacts and message.
Office then pulled in a lot of text messages that I had imported from my last phone into the Nexus 6P when I got it.
No new messages show up, only old ones.

After finally finding the Bluetooth configure settings I turned on Telephone 2, and connected my old Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon). I haven't disconnected that phone yet, so it still has service I just don't use it.
Anyway, I paired the Galaxy S5 and it shows up and works as Telephone 2. It also displays text messages on the car as I receive them. (sent texts between the two phones).

So, to recap in my scenario (New 2016 M235i that I bought a couple weeks ago). Changing 6NH to 6NS successfully enabled Telephone 2 and Office functionality.
Google Hangouts apparently doesn't work for notifications in the BMW, the default Samsung messages app does.
I didn't test email on the Galaxy S5, but I haven't seen any messages show up from the Nexus 6P for email (I use both Inbox and Gmail)...
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 10:13 PM   #27
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyjr View Post
I had coded 6NH --> 6NS, didn't change any of the other FDLs that were mentioned.
I then removed and repaired my Nexus 6P (Google Fi), accepted the message on the phone asking to share contacts and message.
Office then pulled in a lot of text messages that I had imported from my last phone into the Nexus 6P when I got it.

After finally finding the Bluetooth configure settings I turned on Telephone 2, and connected my old Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon). I haven't disconnected that phone yet, so it still has service I just don't use it.
Anyway, I paired the Galaxy S5 and it shows up and works as Telephone 2. It also displays text messages on the car as I receive them. (sent texts between the two phones).

So, to recap in my scenario (New 2016 M235i that I bought a couple weeks ago). Changing 6NH to 6NS successfully enabled Telephone 2 and Office functionality.
Google Hangouts apparently doesn't work for notifications in the BMW, the default Samsung messages app does.
I didn't test email on the Galaxy S5, but I haven't seen any messages show up from the Nexus 6P for email (I use both Inbox and Gmail)...
On the iphone you need to close the mail app (not just in the background, but outright closed) for the car to receive emails on iDrive....

not sure how it works on android
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 01:13 PM   #28
clyjr
Rep

I need to hook up the Galaxy S5 again and test emails out. It's extremely sad how out of date BMW's bluetooth compatibility list online is...
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 08:46 PM   #29
voip-ninja
Rep

Quote:

Can you confirm which headunit you have? Nobody else seems to have this working other than you.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 09:59 AM   #30
clyjr
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
Can you confirm which headunit you have? Nobody else seems to have this working other than you.

How do I confirm which one I have? When I went in to code stuff, mine showed HU_NBT2

Let me know what else you need me to lookup and I can try (don't have a laptop now though, borrowed one for coding)...
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 11:30 AM   #31
voip-ninja
Rep

Quote:
How do I confirm which one I have? When I went in to code stuff, mine showed HU_NBT2

Let me know what else you need me to lookup and I can try (don't have a laptop now though, borrowed one for coding)...
If you coded HU_NBT2 then that's the head unit you should have, the newer generation NBT unit.

However I'm not aware of anyone else who followed the steps of;

1. re-coding the car FA with 6NS
2. VO coding the HU_NBT2 module

Who has gotten all of the 6NS functions to work such as pairing phone(2) and messages working.

Did you happen to FDL code any other values?

Certainly mine doesn't work.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 12:52 PM   #32
voip-ninja
Rep

I should also mention that I just got the TSB for my 340i done and they did re-code and uplifted the FW on the car, which could be related to this not working, I had never tried it before the FW update was done by the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 04:44 PM   #33
clyjr
Rep

Quote:
If you coded HU_NBT2 then that's the head unit you should have, the newer generation NBT unit.

However I'm not aware of anyone else who followed the steps of;

Who has gotten all of the 6NS functions to work such as pairing phone(2) and messages working.

Did you happen to FDL code any other values?

Certainly mine doesn't work.
Nope, didn't do anything else. I saw the post with all the other FDL codes and I was about to try that but figured I would try the Galaxy S5 and see if it worked and it did, so I didn't do anything else. It kind of sucks more to know that mine is one of the only ones that worked but I still can't use it with my Nexus 6P. At this point I would feel better if it just didn't work at all. I have no use for the 2 phone pairing and only wanted texts and email functionality.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 08:36 AM   #34
steve@codemybimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
I should also mention that I just got the TSB for my 340i done and they did re-code and uplifted the FW on the car, which could be related to this not working, I had never tried it before the FW update was done by the dealer.
Can you take a picture of your configure Bluetooth screen and send it to us? I compared your .ncd file to mine on the other forum and I really found nothing different relating to enhanced Bluetooth.

Go to telephone then press OPTION on the IDRIVE KNOB and scroll to the very bottom where it says configure Bluetooth. Show us what options you have.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 08:38 AM   #35
voip-ninja
Rep

Name:  IMG_1538.jpg
Views: 3288
Size:  188.7 KB
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 02:13 AM   #36
dansu
Rep
Drives: 16 M235i

Quote:
This isn't the menu screen that Aritaurus was asking about. Press your Option button when you have your phones listed on screen. Select "configure Bluetooth". You should then see check boxes for Office and for Telephone 2.

I was able to pair 2 phones simultaneously after checking these boxes. Still no luck getting messages to show up but I think that's an iOS issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 10:31 AM   #37
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansu View Post
This isn't the menu screen that Aritaurus was asking about. Press your Option button when you have your phones listed on screen. Select "configure Bluetooth". You should then see check boxes for Office and for Telephone 2.

I was able to pair 2 phones simultaneously after checking these boxes. Still no luck getting messages to show up but I think that's an iOS issue.
do you see "show notifications" on your iphone when you tap the "i" next to the bluetooth device menu for the car?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 04:06 PM   #38
dansu
Rep
Drives: 16 M235i

Quick update, I checked again this morning and messages are now working on both my iPhone (iOS 9) and my galaxy S5 (android 5.1.1). I think either the phones need to be reconnected or maybe the NBT needs to be restarted.

Just to confirm what others have said, on android, both text and email will sync with existing messages on the phone. On iPhone, only text will sync with new messages received since the phone was connected and no email option at all.

So a few things to watch out for people trying to do this:
  1. After you code, go into "configure bluetooth" to enable Office and Telephone 2. This is what caused me some issues because I was looking for these options in the phone settings, which is a different but similar looking screen to "configure bluetooth".
  2. You can restart your NBT by holding down the volume knob until the display goes black (10 seconds or so).
  3. On iPhone, only new messages will appear and (at least on iOS 9) email doesn't work at all.

This isn't anything that other haven't already said; just thought I would add a data point as someone with HU_NBT2 who got 6NS to eventually work.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 06:58 PM   #39
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansu View Post
Quick update, I checked again this morning and messages are now working on both my iPhone (iOS 9) and my galaxy S5 (android 5.1.1). I think either the phones need to be reconnected or maybe the NBT needs to be restarted.

Just to confirm what others have said, on android, both text and email will sync with existing messages on the phone. On iPhone, only text will sync with new messages received since the phone was connected and no email option at all.

So a few things to watch out for people trying to do this:
  1. After you code, go into "configure bluetooth" to enable Office and Telephone 2. This is what caused me some issues because I was looking for these options in the phone settings, which is a different but similar looking screen to "configure bluetooth".
  2. You can restart your NBT by holding down the volume knob until the display goes black (10 seconds or so).
  3. On iPhone, only new messages will appear and (at least on iOS 9) email doesn't work at all.

This isn't anything that other haven't already said; just thought I would add a data point as someone with HU_NBT2 who got 6NS to eventually work.
Email works but you need to "close" the email app... not leave it in background, outright close it for emails to get to idrive
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 03:21 PM   #40
jfried1016
Rep
Drives: 16 M235i Blue

Does the Iphone 6 with ios9 work with enhanced bluetooth? The bmw website says nay.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 07:01 PM   #41
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried1016 View Post
Does the Iphone 6 with ios9 work with enhanced bluetooth? The bmw website says nay.
Yes it does... bmw website is pretty lame
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 05:52 PM   #42
turbocake
Private
Rep
Drives: 16 m235i xdrive

I recently vo coded to 6ns. I did very simply, just this,

This enabled office, and I was able to go to BT settings and enable phone 2 and office. Enabling office allowed me to see the option to enable "show notifications" on my iPhone (6+). BUT... turning on show notifications and checking the correct options in iDrive, I still don't receive any text messages through iDrive. Nor emails.

I will mess around with it tonight and see if I can get it to work...

also its a MY16 with tech package.
Appreciate 0