THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Racing seats coding

09-12-2021, 04:01 AM   #23
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggedAholic View Post
When Alex@alpine did my remote coding he had me plug in the seatbelt while doing it. I didn't read above to see if that was mentioned already.
This was to prevent ignition going off.
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2021, 09:08 AM   #24
maxfrompine
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngl View Post
If you disconnected the seats that means you also disconnected the sensor and pretensioner, those alone also throw the same airbag error on the dash.

Anything safety related throws that error, including disconnecting the airbag off button on the passenger side ( near the glovebox, the one for pregnant woman, or whatever it is for).

Code the car for what you want to have connected on it, then connect / disconnect everything so it matches the coding then run Tool32.
Hey mate, random question…did you car came with adaptive, and did you change the VO of the car? TIA!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 06:40 AM   #25
maxfrompine
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Garage List
FOR FUTURE REFERENCE, if anyone has the same problem and cannot clear the Restrain Error

I finally SOLVED my personal issue

For some very weird reason, the ACSM when coded needs to have the factory VO setup.

I previously coded out my adaptive suspension, and 2VF was removed from the VO.

This triggered the “coding don’t match equipment” and the errors with the central sensor that couldn't be cleared with Tool32

Solution:
- Added back 2VF in the VO
- Factory coded ACSM
- Coded FDL to remove the airbag ONLY, Sitzairbag_Thorax_Fahrer --> nicht_aktive
(I'm keeping the seatbelt buckle connected to the car)
- Cleared codes with Tool32

0 Error Found in ACSM and no code at all anywhere in the car
Attached Images

09-21-2021, 03:19 AM   #26
ngl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfrompine View Post
Hey mate, random question…did you car came with adaptive, and did you change the VO of the car? TIA!
I do have some VO codes added / removed and it did not interfered, but not the adaptive suspension, my car never had that. Maybe it was deleting some sensors that should not have been removed.

You can use "CAFD Tool" to see what a VO code removes / adds, so you can remove the adaptive suspension without triggering the error again.
Quaife LSD | BC Racing Coilovers | H&R ARB | F8x LCA+TS | Wiechers Strutbar | Mishimoto CAI | Mishimoto Oil Cooler | Mishimoto Oil Catch Can | Mishimoto FMIC | VRSF DP | Masata TIC | Masata CP | DV+ | Custom Kline Exhaust | GTS Style Roll Cage | Sparco Evo QRT | Brey-Krause seat mounts | Schroth Profi 2 ASM 6p | 10" Android HU| xHP Stage3 | BM3 | RaceCapture Data Logger
Appreciate 0