THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Plugs and Fuel Pump

08-23-2021, 08:01 AM   #1
kuzdu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i

Plugs and Fuel Pump

Ordered my NGK plugs and Supra Fuel pump should have them installed by next week. Going to do a .022 gap on all the plugs. the Supra hpfp should be a good addition, at wot the car is having some lean issue with a lot of boost so this should clear it up. Will need to send some logs over to JB4
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 03:34 PM   #2
kuzdu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzdu View Post
Ordered my NGK plugs and Supra Fuel pump should have them installed by next week. Going to do a .022 gap on all the plugs. the Supra hpfp should be a good addition, at wot the car is having some lean issue with a lot of boost so this should clear it up. Will need to send some logs over to JB4
Soooo installed everything today what a difference the car pulls even harder and smooth. Power delivery is crazy, at wot it just wants to go more and more.

The hardest part was remove all the plastic and sound deadening material.
Appreciate 1
jzeiler4318.50
      09-07-2021, 09:30 AM   #3
Ajowhan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m240i 'vert

Hey, do you mind posting your full set up?
Just curious at what stage the supra hpfp would benefit, whether it be for stock or if its because you are stage 2 or something.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 07:58 AM   #4
kuzdu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajowhan View Post
Hey, do you mind posting your full set up?
Just curious at what stage the supra hpfp would benefit, whether it be for stock or if its because you are stage 2 or something.
even if you install the fuel pump and leave the car stock it will run without any issues since it's the same fuel pump on the B58TU, it has the bmw badge on ti as well.

this is my setup

Jb4 running map 5 with an E40 blend
bms intake and silicone piping
Catless DP
hpfp from supra
NGK upgraded plugs for the B58TU with .022 gap
xhp stage 3 trans flash (tweaked settings that i like for downshifting)
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 08:26 AM   #5
Ajowhan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m240i 'vert

Quote:
even if you install the fuel pump and leave the car stock it will run without any issues since it's the same fuel pump on the B58TU, it has the bmw badge on ti as well.

this is my setup

Jb4 running map 5 with an E40 blend
bms intake and silicone piping
Catless DP
hpfp from supra
NGK upgraded plugs for the B58TU with .022 gap
xhp stage 3 trans flash (tweaked settings that i like for downshifting)
Thanks for the information. Yeah I know it will run without any issues, just wondering if it would give any benefit at all and from what point, especially if running a fix tunes and not jb4 map 5.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 09:39 AM   #6
kuzdu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajowhan View Post
Thanks for the information. Yeah I know it will run without any issues, just wondering if it would give any benefit at all and from what point, especially if running a fix tunes and not jb4 map 5.
my ecu is locked for now, I'm sure once i go bootmod3 there is a hpfp tune with E30+ that should unlock more power

before the fuel pump and plugs the car was pullng hard, would get a little bog down at wot sometimes. after that 2 mods the car pulls like crazzzzy at wot and wants to go more. i assume it's getting double the fuel pressure now.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 09:55 PM   #7
WolfGTI
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F22,15 E84 M Sport,02 R53

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
2002 MINI Cooper S  [0.00]
2015 BMW X1  [0.00]
No it's not - there is a pressure regulator that will keep the pressure the same, the benefit is that the TU pump flows more fuel per pump stroke vs. the Gen 1. pump. So when demand goes up there is more headroom in the fuel delivery thus it keeps up the pressure better.

Quote:
. i assume it's getting double the fuel pressure now.
Ohlins R&T coilovers, Turner monoball thrust arms, F87 LCAs, GC camber plates, Superpro subframe bushings, Megan Racing adj. RCAs, delrin differential bushings. Stoptech BBK 6 piston (f) 4 piston (r).
Appreciate 3
dradernh4179.00
kuzdu89.50
MLJR235116.50