THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Can i run the Multimap tune on BM3 if i don't have the Zeitronix ECA2?

08-23-2021, 07:55 PM   #1
g80_nick
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Competition

Can i run the Multimap tune on BM3 if i don't have the Zeitronix ECA2?

Hey guys so on BM3, to run the multimaps, do i need to have Zeitronix ECA2 installed if i'm just running the 91 tune? Also can i run E30 on it or is the Zeitronix ECA2 required to be able to run E30?

Thank you so much!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 10:06 PM   #2
rtl32
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_f22 View Post
Hey guys so on BM3, to run the multimaps, do i need to have Zeitronix ECA2 installed if i'm just running the 91 tune? Also can i run E30 on it or is the Zeitronix ECA2 required to be able to run E30?

Thank you so much!
Without it you won't be able to run the flexfuel as it was intended to be run, in an automatic self adjusting system.

You can still use map 1, 2 or 2+ multimaps. Use the gas that it calls for as if it was any other map. You don't have to worry about the flexfuel unless you want to change from the gas the map calls for.

If you want to do that you can override the ethanol requirement in liveadjust to what you run IF AND ONLY IF you carefully mix your gas to ALWAYS be at the level you adjusted it to. It will not adjust itself back to expect pump 91 next time you refill if you set it at e45 and it will mess up your engine.

I use 40% because it works well with how much my pump E tests at and my HPFP. So I set it to 40% on liveadjust, and now I always mix the gas going in to be perfectly 40%. The car is an absolute missile.
14' Alpine White M235i 6MT, BM3 Stg2+, VRSF DP-CP-FMIC, Dinan Muffler, GFB DV+, 3.5 bar MAP, Dorch Stg1 HPFP, NGK 97506, BM3 Flexfuel Kit, CDV delete, KW V3, EDC delete, Powerflex Camber LCA bushings, VMR 801 18x8.5/9.5 et45, Conti Extremecontact 235/265

Next step: M2 Competition or Manual Supra MKV build Summer 2022
Appreciate 0