THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying & Live w the Harmon Kardon System

08-12-2021, 12:09 PM   #903
MarcoZandrini
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mst_lv View Post
Does anybody know the difference between the HiFi and HK amps? Is the HK version indeed more powerful? I want to upgrade the HiFi system to better speakers and want to know if changing to HK amp would be an additional improvement? I want to leave all OEM so aftermarket amp is not an option. Thanks!
I think a better option for you is to buy the Audiotek-Fischer MATCH 7UP BMW amp. It's plug and play, and is tunable using the Audiotek-Fischer (free) app on your laptop. That's what I with my car and the sound is much better. Addition ally, the amp allows you to interface directly (and digitally) with the amp via Bluetooth or via USB. The use of a direct, digital input bypasses the head unit's crappy digital to analog converter-much better sound. Also, the amp handles lossless audio files such as FLAC. They sound fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 07:52 PM   #904
Encanto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mst_lv View Post
Does anybody know the difference between the HiFi and HK amps? Is the HK version indeed more powerful? I want to upgrade the HiFi system to better speakers and want to know if changing to HK amp would be an additional improvement? I want to leave all OEM so aftermarket amp is not an option. Thanks!
HiFi(676) = 205W
HK(674) = 360W
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 11:40 PM   #905
vrooooom
New BMW owner
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post
I think a better option for you is to buy the Audiotek-Fischer MATCH 7UP BMW amp. It's plug and play, and is tunable using the Audiotek-Fischer (free) app on your laptop. That's what I with my car and the sound is much better. Additionally, the amp allows you to interface directly (and digitally) with the amp via Bluetooth or via USB. The use of a direct, digital input bypasses the head unit's crappy digital to analog converter-much better sound. Also, the amp handles lossless audio files such as FLAC. They sound fantastic.
Did you also upgrade your front to the Etons and reconnected your centre back on? To improve the soundstage, this thread recommends disconnecting the centre.

How do you directly connect to the amp's DAC converter? So an iphone would have a choice of connecting to the HU... or the amp's?
      08-19-2021, 10:31 AM   #906
MarcoZandrini
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooooom View Post
Did you also upgrade your front to the Etons and reconnected your centre back on? To improve the soundstage, this thread recommends disconnecting the centre.

How do you directly connect to the amp's DAC converter? So an iphone would have a choice of connecting to the HU... or the amp's?
The Audiotec-Fischer amp has a slot for an add on module-either BT or USB. I tried the BT but my iphone 7 didn't like it some reason. So, I installed the USB module and bought a custom made USB-C - USB B-mini 15' long cable. I bought a FiiO M3 Pro player which has digital out. Sounds great, especially when I play the lossless music I bought from https://www.highdeftapetransfers.com/. It ain't cheep but the sound is fabulous.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 06:38 AM   #907
MacFever
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Eton/JL

Just did the center disconnect and Eton front JL rear swap
I also added Dynamat to the doors
I cant recommend this mod enough : the audio is high end now compared to crap HK before
Thanks a lot for the info
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 12:49 PM   #908
vrooooom
New BMW owner
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI

On the JL, did you solder the wires? Are the HK tweeters still hooked up in the back?