THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum What are your favourite Bimmercode changes?

10-21-2019, 10:08 AM   #23
f22b58
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeffries View Post
i thought variable light distribution didn't work right on US cars due to lack of some hardware?

i have asd off, mirror folding, m startup animation.
All US models will have the 8S4 "Decoding Variable Light Distribution". That means it is turned off for the US market. It can be coded (turned back on) via Bimmercode. Supposed to not be permanent if the dealer does any software updates but I made it through an update with VLD still enabled. I have not checked in code but when you start the car if your headlights sweep out, in and level then it is working.
Appreciate 1
BM235iW97.00
      10-21-2019, 07:37 PM   #24
19bis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i; 2018 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzzthetic View Post
Is the fog light just the extra square shaped light above the bar?
Yes, by default, though you could remap to other lamps.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-21-2019, 08:08 PM   #25
Hap
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 240i

Garage List
2018 M240i  [0.00]
Digital speed

I really only have done the digital speed in info on dash.
Is there a one push engine shut off ?
Will monitor this thread for anything else that looks interesting.
Hap
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2019, 08:17 PM   #26
zentanker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M Sport 228i Mineral Grey

Quote:
Just buy vgate wifi adapter on amazon for $25 + bimmercode app ezpz man

There's like half a dozen different models on Amazon. icar2, icar3 wifi, icar3 pro... does it matter which one?
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2019, 01:06 AM   #27
PurpleFunkMan
The Bandleader
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i

Hi! New to the forum here but been a big fan and looking around for years. You all have helped immensely with your Q&A's the last couple years on my decision in getting my 2019 M240i last January! Coming from a 1998 Z3 2.8 that i had 225,000 miles on, holy CRAP the M240i has been INSANE!

Anyway, to DriftCarHero, how were you able to get the variable light distribution and anti dazzle enabled using Bimmercode? I have not coded anything yet but didn't think it was possible using Bimmercode, just the angel eyes brighter. Help is appreciated. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 08:58 AM   #28
Ron Jeffries
Old Member. Old in general, actually.
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i xDrive convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftCarHero View Post
All US models will have the 8S4 "Decoding Variable Light Distribution". That means it is turned off for the US market. It can be coded (turned back on) via Bimmercode. Supposed to not be permanent if the dealer does any software updates but I made it through an update with VLD still enabled. I have not checked in code but when you start the car if your headlights sweep out, in and level then it is working.
Yes they do sweep. My understanding is that in the Euro models there are shutters in the lamps that do the down-road shielding one sees in the write ups of the smart lights, and that those parts are not present in the US cars.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 10:14 AM   #29
f22b58
Private First Class
Rep

For any coding out of the norm I recommend Pikachu's coding cheat sheet.

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997749

For VLD and Anti-Dazzle you need to go into Expert Mode on the Front Electronic Module.

Module 3073
Options
C_AFS_ENA
LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y
C_HBA_ENA
C_HBA_GRHB_ENA
C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA

I am not sure about different hardware. I didn't think there was when I first looked into this.
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2019, 10:24 AM   #30
VIN240i13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240i F23

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentanker View Post
There's like half a dozen different models on Amazon. icar2, icar3 wifi, icar3 pro... does it matter which one?
I have purchased and used this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Vgate-Elm327-.../dp/B01FU5MVI8

I haven't changed much, disabling ASD was the first but with a convertible, and driving top-down 85% of the time it did not matter to me when it was re-enable during the last software update.
BMW CCA #535395
SCCA #619713
Appreciate 1
zentanker205.00
      10-22-2019, 10:32 AM   #31
PurpleFunkMan
The Bandleader
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i

Quote:
For any coding out of the norm I recommend Pikachu's coding cheat sheet.

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997749

For VLD and Anti-Dazzle you need to go into Expert Mode on the Front Electronic Module.

Module 3073
Options
C_AFS_ENA
C_HBA_ENA
C_HBA_GRHB_ENA
C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA

I am not sure about different hardware. I didn't think there was when I first looked into this.
Ah thank you so much!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 11:45 AM   #32
zentanker
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIN240i13 View Post
I have purchased and used this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Vgate-Elm327-.../dp/B01FU5MVI8

I haven't changed much, disabling ASD was the first but with a convertible, and driving top-down 85% of the time it did not matter to me when it was re-enable during the last software update.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 12:03 AM   #33
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:

Module 3073
Options
C_AFS_ENA
C_HBA_ENA
C_HBA_GRHB_ENA
C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA

With the Xenon headlights for the F22, there is no hardware difference, like some claim; the technology is very rudimentary in its operation, as it's just a low/high-beam shutter and the projector ball on a swivel motor, in both the US-spec and Euro headlights. So if your vehicle already has the High-Beam Assistance option, there is no reason if you code in the European operation of VLD & GFHB, which would operate properly on the US-spec vehicles, since they share the same setup.

Xenon folks just lucked out in the US but you also need High Beam Assistance option (5AC) for it to work properly.

With the LCI LEDs, however, it operates different than Xenons hi/low shutter and instead utilizes an array of LEDs and reflection to create the light outputs.

So I'm not 100% sure if VLD or GFHB in the US-spec vehicles have proper arrangement of lights to properly form a glare free high beam.

BMW is know to skimp to LEDs highlight array when it's not needed, as with some US-spec vehicles, in an attempt to reduce cost and heat. So I can't confirm if they differ until some cracks open a F22 LED headlight, from both region and compare and contrast.

Also, the coding is different for the LCI LED headlights than for the Xenons, which is listed above.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 08:14 AM   #34
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:

Module 3073
Options
C_AFS_ENA
C_HBA_ENA
C_HBA_GRHB_ENA
C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA

With the Xenon headlights for the F22, there is no hardware difference, like some claim; the technology is very rudimentary in its operation, as it's just a low/high-beam shutter and the projector ball on a swivel motor, in both the US-spec and Euro headlights. So if your vehicle already has the High-Beam Assistance option, there is no reason if you code in the European operation of VLD & GFHB, which would operate properly on the US-spec vehicles, since they share the same setup.

Xenon folks just lucked out in the US but you also need High Beam Assistance option (5AC) for it to work properly.

With the LCI LEDs, however, it operates different than Xenons hi/low shutter and instead utilizes an array of LEDs and reflection to create the light outputs.

So I'm not 100% sure if VLD or GFHB in the US-spec vehicles have proper arrangement of lights to properly form a glare free high beam.

BMW is know to skimp to LEDs highlight array when it's not needed, as with some US-spec vehicles, in an attempt to reduce cost and heat. So I can't confirm if they differ until some cracks open a F22 LED headlight, from both region and compare and contrast.

Also, the coding is different for the LCI LED headlights than for the Xenons, which is listed above.
Sorry I am a little unclear; so the coding quoted in your post does not apply to LCI LEDs, but only to pre-LCI xenons? Is that it?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 10:51 AM   #35
f22b58
Private First Class
Rep

That is what I did. I don't if know if it is right or not. There is so much back and forth debate on this topic. I am happy with headlights. Have not been flashed on the highway, had a truck pull over that I was following on a 2 lane road. I try to use the high beam assist respectfully. Your mileage may vary so see how people react and adjust accordingly.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 07:44 PM   #36
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Module 3073
Options
C_AFS_ENA
C_HBA_ENA
C_HBA_GRHB_ENA
C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA

Sorry I am a little unclear; so the coding quoted in your post does not apply to LCI LEDs, but only to pre-LCI xenons? Is that it?
That's correct; the coding listed only works for Adaptive Xenons with the Auto-High beam option.

The LCI LED coding is way more intricate.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 08:02 PM   #37
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Module 3073
Options
C_AFS_ENA
C_HBA_ENA
C_HBA_GRHB_ENA
C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA

That's correct; the coding listed only works for Adaptive Xenons with the Auto-High beam option.

Can you guide me to it? I have a 2018 M240i with Adaotives so I assume it has the post-LCI LEDs?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 08:19 PM   #38
Mark184
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i Xdrive

Quote:
There are many of the vgate wifi adapters on Amazon. Like this one??
Vgate WiFi iCar2 OBDII Elm327 Code Reader for iOS iPhone iPad Android PC,Auto Sleep
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 08:29 PM   #39
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Module 3073
Options
C_AFS_ENA
C_HBA_ENA
C_HBA_GRHB_ENA
C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA

Can you guide me to it? I have a 2018 M240i with Adaotives so I assume it has the post-LCI LEDs?
I don't have the tested F22 LED coding but it should be the same as the M4.

Keep in mind, no one has yet confirm that the LED array in the US-spec headlights are the same as the Euro-spec. So there is a possible it would not work as it suppose to if it doesn't have the correct hardware.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24640779

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1151903

It's not something you can code with BimmerCode.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 09:40 PM   #40
Zyzzthetic
6 speeeeeeeeeed
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i 6-Speed Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentanker View Post
Quote:

Hey, the one I purchased was this Vgate WiFi iCar2 OBDII Elm327 Code Reader for iOS iPhone iPad Android PC,Auto Sleep https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01FU5MVI8/..._g8qSDbKSSAF7J

Vgate Wifi iCar2 as thats the one the bimmercode app supports.
      10-23-2019, 09:43 PM   #41
Zyzzthetic
6 speeeeeeeeeed
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i 6-Speed Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark184 View Post
Quote:
There are many of the vgate wifi adapters on Amazon. Like this one??
Vgate WiFi iCar2 OBDII Elm327 Code Reader for iOS iPhone iPad Android PC,Auto Sleep
Vgate WiFi iCar2 OBDII Elm327 Code Reader for iOS iPhone iPad Android PC,Auto Sleep https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01FU5MVI8/..._g8qSDbKSSAF7J
      10-24-2019, 10:05 AM   #42
f22b58
Private First Class
Rep

That sucks about coding the LCI adaptive LED headlights. I need to get back into BimmerCode and figure out what I did wrong. Maybe I will stick to VLD unless I want to pay a professional coder.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 11:52 AM   #43
zentanker
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hey, the one I purchased was this Vgate WiFi iCar2 OBDII Elm327 Code Reader for iOS iPhone iPad Android PC,Auto Sleep https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01FU5MVI8/..._g8qSDbKSSAF7J

Vgate Wifi iCar2 as thats the one the bimmercode app supports.

My guy, thanks!
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2019, 07:47 PM   #44
ggggbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Manual

Tire pressure/temp

My car is a very early 2014 model, and the tire screen only showed 'green' tires if the pressure was good. So my favorite Bimmercode option was turning on both tire pressure and tire temperature display. It is SO useful at the track, and great way to check pressures anytime.

The 5 blink option is my second favorite. Other than that, I mainly just swapped some logos so I wouldn't have see M235 everywhere, and disabled the iDrive warning.
Appreciate 0