THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions coding enhanced bluetooth with ENTRYNAV

10-29-2021, 01:18 PM   #1
AbnormallyAspirated
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6-Speed Convertible

Garage List
coding enhanced bluetooth with ENTRYNAV

Hi!

My new-to-me 2016 M235i convertible has an HU_ENTRYNAV and 6NH bluetooth, according to esys and confirmed by various sources.

I've been trying to program 6NS enhanced bluetooth, but cannot get text message (iPhone) working.

At first I tried expert mode coding in Bimmercode, and then today I went through esys FA programming and ENTRYNAV coding.

When I tried coding it to 6NS with e-sys, there were a couple errors along the lines of "unsupported..." Further research indicated that I may need ot code 6NK or 6NL, not 6NS, because I have entrynav. but other sources imply it should be 6NS. I have so many questions:

1) should a 2016 M235i with no nav even have HU_ENTRYNAV? I thought it would have NBT. I see very little mention of EntryNav anywhere.
2) since I do have entrynav (and factory SOS communication button overhead), do I code to 6NS or 6NK or 6NL for extended bluetooth?
3) should I expect to receive text message with HU_ENTRYNAV, or does that require NBT? I do not thin there is a separate COMBOX (not reported in esys or bimmercode, anyway. plastic box in trunk where combox should be).
4) off-topic- Will the Chinese carplay adapters work the same with entrynav as with nbt? when I sent them photos of my screens that all said I had NBT, and I ordered on that basis (before I had bimmercode or esys)

Thanks. Just learning the world of Bimmers!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 02:42 AM   #2
ngl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

I have a 2016 228i with EntryNav and successfully coded Enhanced BT, but I can't say what works with iPhone since I don't use one, and to be honest never even tried it on Android because I don't use text messages.

What I did noticed, is that I now have contact pictures when calling.
Quaife LSD | BC Racing Coilovers | H&R ARB | F8x LCA+TS | Wiechers Strutbar | Mishimoto CAI | Mishimoto Oil Cooler | Mishimoto Oil Catch Can | Mishimoto FMIC | VRSF DP | Masata TIC | Masata CP | DV+ | Custom Kline Exhaust | GTS Style Roll Cage | Sparco Evo QRT | Brey-Krause seat mounts | Schroth Profi 2 ASM 6p | 10" Android HU| xHP Stage3 | BM3 | RaceCapture Data Logger
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 08:53 PM   #3
Mogki
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230XI

Garage List
Should be able to do it with bimmercode fairly easy, check this thread on the f30 side https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1474066
Appreciate 0