THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Classifieds Members Classifieds Interior Parts Euro Spec Interior (Blue Hex Alcantara)

05-11-2018, 06:09 AM   #1
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M2

Euro Spec Interior (Blue Hex Alcantara)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Price: SOLD
Condition: Very Good (everything works) -- however, passenger seat middle plastic railing that holds forward\backwards motor is broken. It's held by tape and it still functions though. (image attached)
Fitment: Will fit all year M235i with electric seats (it should fit 228i, 230i, M240i, and M2, but it is possible you may need to swap upholstery to the other seats frame (especially if you're using Manual seats)

Items included:
Two Front Door Panels
Two Rear Panels
Rear Seat with adjustable but non foldable headrests
Two Front heated\electric seats with headrests

I put the Leather seats back in my car before it was sold. (i had these in my car for over 2 years without issues)

These were originally shipped in from Europe (they were in a pre-production car, but everything is for the most part plug and play).

*This is an OEM option that was never offered in North America

The rear seat, rear bench, rear panels, and door panels are all plug and play (please note that the rear headrests are standard and do not flip\fold like the production models)

You have two options for the front seat (remove just the skin of the upholstery from each seat and transfer over) OR do transfer the components:
The driver seat, Bolts right up to the car and has the back adjust\bolster adjustments, and heating elements, but you will need to transfer the Airbag, under seat module, seat belt harness on seat, and controls, to the new seat
The Passenger seat: Bolts right up to the car and has the back adjustments and heating elements,, but you will need to transfer the Airbag, under seat module, seat belt harness on seat, Air Bag Passenger Sensor Mat, and controls over
*The middle railing that supports the Forward\Backward motor, plastic broke during shipment from Europe. The motor still works, I just had to tape it up.

Installation tips:
Always disconnect battery (and DO NOT CLOSE THE TRUNK at any point when the battery is off) and allow 30 or so minutes before working. Removing both front seats first makes it easier to install the rear parts.
Driver and Passenger seat: Remove the headrest, remove four bolts from under seat (you will need to have power in order to move the seats forwards\backwards to reveal the bolt (just don’t turn on the car), and disconnect yellow plug from car. You’ll be removing the Yellow plug (with the attached to the Main cabling harness), white\tan box, seat belt assembly, and controls (which is also attached to the main cabling harness)
Driver and Passenger seat: To remove the air bag you’ll need to remove the rear plastic (at the bottom there are two black pins. Using a paperclip , push in the center pin inwards to take out clip. The back plastic will come off, but you will need to reuse the clip (the small pin would have fallen inside the seat as you pushed it inwards, so look for both of them). Fish the airbag cable out from under the seat. Undo just the airbag side of the upholstery, then lift the upholstery to reveal the airbag. The airbag is held by two 8mm (or 10mm, I can’t remember) bolts. Once removed do the reverse on the other seat to install.
Passenger Seat: If you do not have experience with Hog Rings and installing upholstery, this is best to take to an upholstery shop (they’ll charge anywhere from $50 to $150) for this next part. You’ll need to transfer the Airbag sensor mat from under the upholstery of the passenger seat from the old seat to the new one (it’ll be in black). No need to take out the (white mat) as that is the heating elements which both seats already have).

Rear panels and rear seating is easy to install. Start with the bench, and pull upwards and it comes off. Then tug and pull the end bolsters. Then tug and pull the rear side panels. The rear seat is held by two bolts (one on each end) by a star screw. Once you remove them, unlock from the trunk and pull out. I was able to do it in under an hour.

Front Door Panel: Remove all 5 screws. Two at the bottom [exposed], one behind the plastic handle (which should just pop out without force), and two behind the handle (removing the handle is a pain, and will make a loud "breaking" like sound, but i can assure you it won't brake. Start at the bottom and pull outwards). Then using plastic panel removal tools, pop off the panel. Disconnect the Window Switch, under door light switch, under handle light switch, and door handle wire.

**If you are Local, I’ll be more than happy to assist you with almost everything with the exception of the upholstery to transfer the airbag mat. I took that to the upholstery place (I paid about $100)

Pictures below were from my actual car and the seats you'll get:

Attached Images

Last edited by StarMan; 07-20-2018 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 10:43 AM   #2
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Willing to let the paddle shifters go? If so, I'll take them!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 12:34 PM   #3
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbalch View Post
Creativemotoring.com has the best price on those just FYI if not selling.
Appreciate 2
crbalch472.50
skitsos83.00
      05-11-2018, 10:12 PM   #4
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbalch View Post
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 03:13 PM   #5
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

*UPDATE....I was able to locate a shipping company that can prep and ship the entire interior. I am willing to ship at buyers expense, PLEASE NOTE, the entire interior weighs about 200 pounds therefor this is not a cheap option if you are on the west coast.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 06:35 AM   #6
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

New Price & New Images

$1,500 Local Pick Up

(Customer Pays Shipping)
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 09:36 AM   #7
Quantumn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M240i & 16' X1

Sorry to be off topic but where did you get that blue and carbon trim?!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 09:23 AM   #8
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumn View Post
Sorry to be off topic but where did you get that blue and carbon trim?!
If you are talking about the the plastic interior trim, then it was just flat black vinyl wrapped on top of the OEM silver (Carbon Fiber look is an option though). It held up pretty good in the 2 years it was installed on the car (100+ F degrees and sub-zero temps). I just used rubbing alcohol to keep them clean.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1247897
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 07:36 AM   #9
goofygrin
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i, 02 M5, 84 930

You end up with the 40/20/40 pass through with this don't you?

I miss / want that with my m235i.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 10:21 AM   #10
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
You end up with the 40/20/40 pass through with this don't you?

I miss / want that with my m235i.
Yes you do
Appreciate 0