THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Wireless Apple CarPlay Disconnecting Issue...

12-11-2023, 06:33 PM   #1
anthonyc4242
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i X-Drive

Wireless Apple CarPlay Disconnecting Issue...

Recently installed wireless CarPlay in my 2018 BMW F22 M240i. Experiencing intermittent audio issues – it's like the music skips or tries to catch up without actually pausing. All software, including my iPhone 15 pro, is up to date. Tried with different phones, same problem. Regular Bluetooth works perfectly. Even swapped the wireless antenna, but no luck. It's frustrating as it ruins the music experience in my car. Considering removing it.

Any advice or similar experiences?
      12-12-2023, 08:01 AM   #2
anthonyc4242
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexdev View Post
I understand the extent to which the frequent audio problems with your BMW F22 M240i's wireless CarPlay are. The issue still exists even after testing several phones and updating the OS. When such technology interferes with the musical experience, it is depressing. Removal is a viable alternative to bring back the smooth driving experience, however maybe consulting an expert or looking for firmware changes could help before making such a move.
Looks like an A.I. generated response to me. Lol. But sure an 'expert' yea who handles cracked BMW CarPlay?
      01-07-2024, 06:56 AM   #3
boldorider4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i F22

Just to be sure, when you changed the wifi antenna, did you install a genuine one? The quality of the Wifi changes dramatically sometimes with a Chinese knockoff.

Another question: which I-Step version do you have on such an NBTevo? you can read the version in the infotainment version info, it also shows e letter corresponding to a specific revision (N,O,P,Q,X,Y, etc.).
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 06:43 PM   #4
anthonyc4242
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldorider4 View Post
Just to be sure, when you changed the wifi antenna, did you install a genuine one? The quality of the Wifi changes dramatically sometimes with a Chinese knockoff.

Another question: which I-Step version do you have on such an NBTevo? you can read the version in the infotainment version info, it also shows e letter corresponding to a specific revision (N,O,P,Q,X,Y, etc.).
NBTEvo, yes, I got the genuine BMW one from FCP Euro.
      01-15-2024, 02:30 PM   #5
jklaz
Car aint go no roof
Rep
Drives: '20 M240i xDrive Convertible

Hey.

So I posted here

And on reddit

And basically the 2 things that helped me fix it were:
- Make sure your phone's wifi setting on the carplay network isn't on low data mode
- Revoke google map access to carplay

Never skips anymore. Used to skip constantly. Was a headache trying to research why. Hope it helps.
      01-15-2024, 11:28 PM   #6
anthonyc4242
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklaz View Post
Hey.

So I posted here

And on reddit

And basically the 2 things that helped me fix it were:
- Make sure your phone's wifi setting on the carplay network isn't on low data mode
- Revoke google map access to carplay

Never skips anymore. Used to skip constantly. Was a headache trying to research why. Hope it helps.
Thank you for this but I use Waze and don’t have Google maps even installed on my iPhone 15 pro. I have a f22 BMW M240