THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Steering Wheel Heating Retrofit not working

01-31-2022, 09:43 AM   #1
hj45265
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F22 M235i

Steering Wheel Heating Retrofit not working

Hi everyone.

I tried to do the steering wheel heating retrofit last weekend on my F22.
The car had lane departure warning already equipped, so I just had to install the button.
I didn't want to spend 50€+ on the OEM button, so I just bought a random button, cables and pin connector. I installed the button and did the FDL coding via esys (I don't fully understand how to code VO).

Now, when I press the button I get the active/deactive message in the dash, but the steering wheel never heats up. I checked ISTA and have to following error:
"03034A, The button for steering wheel heating is not detected. Possible causes: Button not installed or LED line break."

I didn't connect a LED to pin 3, because my button doesn't have a LED. But does that stop steering wheel heating from working? Or might it be related to my coding, since I did FDL instead of VO?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 11:37 AM   #2
mrjgonzalez
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 335xim

no light/no heat

did you fix this? I am having a similar problem. I got my heated steering retrofit completed a couple weeks ago and all was working. Yesterday, I turned it on and the dash said heated steering activated but the light on the switch didn't illuminate and no heat. when i press the button, the dash says "activated/deactivated" accordingly, but, no light and NO HEAT!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 09:25 PM   #3
jzeiler4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i xDrive vert

Did you also install a wheel with the heating element, or just code it in hoping it was there?
Appreciate 0