THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Charge Pipes

11-11-2018, 04:22 PM   #23
accs
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibopp View Post
With a lift and a friend to help you, i think 2 hours taking your time is absolutely OK.

Unplug carefully the sensor in the CP and the vaccum plug if your car is automatic. Remove the 2 clips at each end of the CP ( Intercooler side and engine side ).

Then put the car at approximately 50 centimeters from the floor. 1 person goes under the car and 1 stays with the hands on the engine bay. The one under : push and flip the CP. The one over : pull and flip the CP.

Change the 2 o-rings in the new CP and apply a little bit of grease around the o-ring ( order o-rings from a BMW dealer ).

From the up of the engine bay, insert the lower part of the CP ( the one which goes on the intercooler ) and let it fall until the intercooler. Don't worry, it won't completely fall in the floor.

Up the car, plug the lower part of the CP on the intercooler. Put the clip to secure. Insert the silicone part and the clamping clip on the lower part of the CP. Do not tight it now.

Down the car and insert the upper part of the CP. Try to link it approximately on the silicone part and to the engine. Put the clip to secure on the engine side.

Up the car and adjust the silicone with the 2 parts of the CP. Tight the clamping clips.

Plug the sensor and the vaccum.

Done
Will try soon, 2 hours sounds good but my skills are not ideal hahaha
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 02:53 AM   #24
Alpine2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i (AW), '12 E70 (AW)

worth mentioning that the lower chargepipe o-ring (That connects to intercooler) is direction specific.

I wasnt able to get a proper seal until I flipped that o-ring to the proper orientation
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 04:28 AM   #25
Bibopp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Accs : you will succed Just be careful with the wires of the sensor which connect on the up part of the CP, especially when you will try to pull the OE CP. The sheaths which protect the wires are fragile. When i did my CP change, one of the steath went away and a wire was not properly protected. It generated an error code. So i put a clean steath around the wire and everything was OK.

Alpine2 : yes the o-ring is specific with a little lip in one of the two side. The lip has to be oriented to the exterior side of the CP part.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 09:34 PM   #26
XCC Motorsports
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

I installed the Evolution Racewerks charge pipe this past week and have some pointers for anyone that is interested.

Factory Charge Pipe Removal:

Pull the neck of the factory charge pipe from the top and rotate counter-clockwise to get the best angle for the lower portion to slide out freely. It takes some patience, but will eventually come out.

Pro tip: Remove the intake air box and harness cover next to the strut tower to provide better accessibility.

ER Charge Pipe Install:

After several attempts, I found the easiest method was to connect both sections of the piping with the supplied silicone coupler outside of the vehicle. However, I tightened only the upper piping section t-bolt clamp, leaving the lower t-bolt clamp loose. Be sure to push the lower piping section all the way into the silicone coupler until the lower piping section spins freely within the silicone coupler.

Now, insert the entire assembly from the top, rotating the lower piping section until the orientation allows it to slide into the correct position. Connect the throttle body c-clamp to lock the upper piping section. Move under the car now and slide the lower piping section onto the cold side of the intercooler, securing it with the lower c-clamp.

Finally, tighten the lower t-bolt clamp on the silicone coupler. You may need to back-out the lower piping section from the silicone coupler slightly before doing so. This will help ensure a smooth transition from the piping sections and silicone coupler.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 03:40 PM   #27
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCC Motorsports View Post
I installed the Evolution Racewerks charge pipe this past week and have some pointers for anyone that is interested.

Factory Charge Pipe Removal:

Pull the neck of the factory charge pipe from the top and rotate counter-clockwise to get the best angle for the lower portion to slide out freely. It takes some patience, but will eventually come out.

Pro tip: Remove the intake air box and harness cover next to the strut tower to provide better accessibility.

ER Charge Pipe Install:

After several attempts, I found the easiest method was to connect both sections of the piping with the supplied silicone coupler outside of the vehicle. However, I tightened only the upper piping section t-bolt clamp, leaving the lower t-bolt clamp loose. Be sure to push the lower piping section all the way into the silicone coupler until the lower piping section spins freely within the silicone coupler.

Now, insert the entire assembly from the top, rotating the lower piping section until the orientation allows it to slide into the correct position. Connect the throttle body c-clamp to lock the upper piping section. Move under the car now and slide the lower piping section onto the cold side of the intercooler, securing it with the lower c-clamp.

Finally, tighten the lower t-bolt clamp on the silicone coupler. You may need to back-out the lower piping section from the silicone coupler slightly before doing so. This will help ensure a smooth transition from the piping sections and silicone coupler.
Great tips. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 09:35 AM   #28
Blu3RSX
Industrial Designer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i. It's blu3 ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post

If warranty is an issue, get a JB+ ... Takes minutes to install/uninstall

If you decide in the future (once warranty expires) to get a JB4 , you can return it to us for a full credit or you sell it used and get another tune
Does this apply to the JB Stage 1 also? I was interested in getting one for my 135i. Also, how soon would it ship if I ordered on Dec. 28th because I ordered some stuff from another place on December 1st but they won't ship anything until December 14th for some reason. The parts were listed as In Stock, too.
BMS Pedal Tuner
ARM 5" Intercooler
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 09:38 AM   #29
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu3RSX View Post
Does this apply to the JB Stage 1 also? I was interested in getting one for my 135i. Also, how soon would it ship if I ordered on Dec. 28th because I ordered some stuff from another place on December 1st but they won't ship anything until December 14th for some reason. The parts were listed as In Stock, too.
Yes it does apply to the stage 1 as well.

Part is in stock, order it before 1 pm pacific and we will get it shipped out today.
We send BMS tunes with Fedex Express (at no extra cost), you will receive it in 2 days

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
Blu3RSX27.50
      12-12-2018, 05:35 AM   #30
Blu3RSX
Industrial Designer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i. It's blu3 ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Yes it does apply to the stage 1 as well.

Part is in stock, order it before 1 pm pacific and we will get it shipped out today.
We send BMS tunes with Fedex Express (at no extra cost), you will receive it in 2 days

BMS Pedal Tuner
ARM 5" Intercooler
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2018, 08:51 AM   #31
Bruceflorida
Rep
Drives: Black M235i

Perfect timing for this, my CP also broke at the connection with the clip. Upgrade time!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 05:38 PM   #32
dono2454
Rep
Drives: '06 m3, '16 m235i, '09 m3, 335

still havent done this yet. does the cp come with a new o-ring?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 12:43 PM   #33
Bruceflorida
Rep
Drives: Black M235i

It can, when you order it you have the option to buy a new one
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 03:24 PM   #34
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dono2454 View Post
still havent done this yet. does the cp come with a new o-ring?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceflorida View Post
It can, when you order it you have the option to buy a new one
Correct. It's not really needed unless you lost your stock one or your stock is old/worn/ripped.
Appreciate 0