THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning High RPM problem FBO M235i

02-05-2021, 05:05 PM   #23
1slow2_
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic_m235 View Post
Also heard that people have zero problems with MHD. I'm so close to making the switch. BM3 is starting to fucking suck!!!!!!
I've heard of MHD having some own problems of its own. To me both seem like really good tuning platforms I just wish instead of E30, BM3 had an E20 ots map for 2013+ N55 engines since we cant handle that much ethanol without a fuel pump. Plus MHD did release antilag yesterday when BM3 has been teasing it for a while (not that I would use it). In my opinion BM3 is still top tier though but I have to give props to MHD for competing with them! Both amazing platforms! What path has led you say BM3 is starting to suck?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 10:06 AM   #24
Dynamic_m235
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow2_ View Post
Quote:
Also heard that people have zero problems with MHD. I'm so close to making the switch. BM3 is starting to fucking suck!!!!!!
I've heard of MHD having some own problems of its own. To me both seem like really good tuning platforms I just wish instead of E30, BM3 had an E20 ots map for 2013+ N55 engines since we cant handle that much ethanol without a fuel pump. Plus MHD did release antilag yesterday when BM3 has been teasing it for a while (not that I would use it). In my opinion BM3 is still top tier though but I have to give props to MHD for competing with them! Both amazing platforms! What path has led you say BM3 is starting to suck?
Between trying to connect my car to my phone and having this Misfiring problem and not being able to figure it out. The person who does my installs is an authorized bm3 dealer and said I'm prob better off going mhd since he hears no problems with them. Also he had two m235s go at it same mods but one mhd and one bm3 and he said the mhd pulled on 2 car lengths every time
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 03:48 PM   #25
1slow2_
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Between trying to connect my car to my phone and having this Misfiring problem and not being able to figure it out. The person who does my installs is an authorized bm3 dealer and said I'm prob better off going mhd since he hears no problems with them. Also he had two m235s go at it same mods but one mhd and one bm3 and he said the mhd pulled on 2 car lengths every time
Interesting. Yeah, I have heard not as many complaints about MHD versus BM3. My friend with an MHD tune was pulling on me with almost the same mods but he was on E20 and I was on 93 so that was expected but was it OTS vs OTS with the same mods where MHD tuned cars were pulling on BM3 cars? I've always heard MHD was more conservative compared to BM3 tunes.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 02:38 PM   #26
Dynamic_m235
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Interesting. Yeah, I have heard not as many complaints about MHD versus BM3. My friend with an MHD tune was pulling on me with almost the same mods but he was on E20 and I was on 93 so that was expected but was it OTS vs OTS with the same mods where MHD tuned cars were pulling on BM3 cars? I've always heard MHD was more conservative compared to BM3 tunes.
I just heard their stage 2+ maps are very powerful from the guy I know and he said one had fbo mhd stage 2+ 93oct vs fbo bm3 stage 2 ots 93oct and the mhd pulled every time by at least 2 car lengths.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 11:36 AM   #27
1slow2_
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I just heard their stage 2+ maps are very powerful from the guy I know and he said one had fbo mhd stage 2+ 93oct vs fbo bm3 stage 2 ots 93oct and the mhd pulled every time by at least 2 car lengths.
Ive heard the same thing. I wish bm3 had a 93+ tune that would be amazing. Hopefully in the future though. I heard people saying that bm3 couldn't make one since it would max out of hpfp or something but who knows. Mhd is definitely doing something to make it work
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2021, 02:02 PM   #28
designatedposter
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i

the use of "+" in the tune is different between bm3 and mhd.

for mhd, the "stage 2+" tunes recommends upgraded intercooler and cat. this is equivalent to bm3 stage 2 tunes.

bm3 stage 2+ tunes needs an upgraded hpfp and is significantly faster than the bm3 stage 2 tune.

at this time, i do not believe mhd has created any off the shelf tunes that take advantage up upgraded hpfp.
      02-10-2021, 05:30 PM   #29
1slow2_
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedposter View Post

for mhd, the "stage 2+" tunes recommends upgraded intercooler and cat. this is equivalent to bm3 stage 2 tunes.

bm3 stage 2+ tunes needs an upgraded hpfp and is significantly faster than the bm3 stage 2 tune.

at this time, i do not believe mhd has created any off the shelf tunes that take advantage up upgraded hpfp.
Yeah I can tell cause my buddy with an m235i has mhd and was explaining it to me. I know for bm3 the b58 guys get a 93+ tune from what I have heard since they can get more out of their stock hpfp. I remember someone asking about a n55 93+ tune and someone else said that it cant be done without a hpfp upgrade. Sorta funny though since Dynamic_m235i was saying that mhd stage 2+ was pulling on stage 2 bm3 cars with the same mods
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 03:48 PM   #30
Dynamic_m235
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedposter View Post

Yeah I can tell cause my buddy with an m235i has mhd and was explaining it to me. I know for bm3 the b58 guys get a 93+ tune from what I have heard since they can get more out of their stock hpfp. I remember someone asking about a n55 93+ tune and someone else said that it cant be done without a hpfp upgrade. Sorta funny though since Dynamic_m235i was saying that mhd stage 2+ was pulling on stage 2 bm3 cars with the same mods
Got that info from the owner of German motorsports out of Wayne NJ. He does amazing installs and has a ton of knowledge with German cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 09:42 AM   #31
1slow2_
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Got that info from the owner of German motorsports out of Wayne NJ. He does amazing installs and has a ton of knowledge with German cars.
I would definitely take his word for it. In my opinion, any of these tuned 2 series are no jokes. MHD and BM3 changed the game for sure
Appreciate 0