THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Dinan Turbo Logs

02-26-2021, 02:37 PM   #1
ghost.M
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM M235i 6MT

Dinan Turbo Logs

Hi All - just wanted to share my latest log after a few revisions of a custom tune with Troy from fluent.tuned. He first help me trouble shoot a boost leak when I started tuning my car in 2018 but I was happy with the OTS VF Stage 2 HEX tune I had at the time and never really felt the need to get a custom tune. The VF tune maxed out at around 21PSI at 3200 rpm and then fell off to ~11 psi at redline. This made the car very torque heavy but left much to be desired at the top end and eventually I wanted more power but didn't want to run meth or fork over the cash for an HPFP. CA91 is sh*t gas and this is my DD so I've been running about 8-9 oz of boostane with each tank to push it to about 93 octane. I also wanted to see what the Dinan Turbo was able to do as it's about half the cost of a PS2 and designed specifically for our cars. The Dinan Turbo so far seems very capable and I am very happy with where we the tune is now. I think there may be some additional headroom to push boost further before we've maxed the turbo out. As you can see in the logs, it was able to hold 16 psi up to 6900 rpm in 3rd, and over 17 psi when I let off at 5900 rpm in 4th. WGDC is just at 85%. Overall I am very happy with the way the Dinan Turbo has performed and will post dyno figures once I have time to get some runs done. I've listed my mods below.

POWER:
1. Dinan Stg 1 Turbo
2. ABR Stg 1 Head
3. Wagner HFC
4. Rev9 FMIC
5. FTP Inlet Pipe
6. VRSF Charge Pipes
7. Dinan Midpipe (OEM Backbox)

CHASSIS:
1. KW V3
2. GC Camber Plates & Sway Bar End links
3. SS Brake Lines
4. EBC Yellow Pads
5. M Perf LSD
6. KMAC Camber Bushings (F/R)
7. Powerflex Rear Subframe bushings
8. AFE Swar Bars (F/R)
9. OEMConcepts 437m 19x8.5/9.5 & Kumho PS91 225/35 255/30

LOGhttps://datazap.me/u/blackbimmer/rev...ll-3-3-4-shift
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 06:00 PM   #2
Pray for Mojo
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i & 2018 X3 M40i

Your logs look decent, with that much boostane you should be safely above 93 octane, even with 91acn to start. Your gas mix should handle more timing than is in the tune right now.

You could probably use a better intercooler, your IATs rise is similar to stock where a good intercooler will go down or stay level, you're going up 23f over 2 gears.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 06:48 PM   #3
ghost.M
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray for Mojo View Post
Your logs look decent, with that much boostane you should be safely above 93 octane, even with 91acn to start. Your gas mix should handle more timing than is in the tune right now.

You could probably use a better intercooler, your IATs rise is similar to stock where a good intercooler will go down or stay level, you're going up 23f over 2 gears.
We had timing advanced on an earlier tune when I was mixing 6 oz of Boostane Professional on a full tank expecting it to be about ~93 octane. The DME started pulling timing which is why we added more boostane to get where we are now. CA91 is really sh*tty and performs more like 89 than 91 so it's better to be on the safe side here and is why took timing back a bit. This tune is intended to be fairly conservative so I can use it reliably for the long term and on the track. I might have another revision made just to see how far we can push the turbo with some additional octane and timing.

Agree on the FMIC, that will probably be my next upgrade. Having a hard time deciding between the VRSF Race, Wagner Comp, and Dinan but leaning towards the Dinan...
Appreciate 0