THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Evap Readiness

01-31-2021, 01:59 PM   #1
Steventalon1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235i

Evap Readiness

Does anyone know anything about evap readiness?? I have had the stock tune for a little over a week with a lot of driving. I have researched on other forums and I am stumped. I don't have any fault codes but have been driving like a grandma (no boost) and I have gone through at least 2 full tanks.. Does it take this long to set?
      05-03-2021, 10:51 PM   #2
Aersaud
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i xDrive

Did you ever get this figured out? What was the solution?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 07:44 PM   #3
Steventalon1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235i

I figured out that you can't baby the car to complete the drive cycle (have to go into boost/higher load) and set the Evap system It would not set overnight for me because of the incomplete cycle. I was able to pass with it not complete in my state luckily lol.

I was initially trying to make sure my Turbosmart dual port and intake codes didn't pop for emissions (no boost). Apparently you can not do that. I have the technical guide for the drive cycle but yeah you need to get on it a bit. If you have the correct chart/ guide, there is a part #2 and #4 where this is important.

Here you go btw. It is useful information

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fgY...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Steventalon1; 05-31-2021 at 07:52 PM..
Appreciate 0