THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB Power Mirror Clicking Repeatedly

03-25-2022, 05:10 PM   #1
Coz312
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Power Mirror Clicking Repeatedly

I changed out my mirror caps for gloss black and did the sequential indicators while I was in there. Ended up cracking the glass on both sides, despite being careful. Auto dimming too so that was a nice bill. I got some used replacement glass for about half of what new glass would cost.

Got the driver side glass on fine, passenger didn't end up having it in all the way and then the power mirror adjustment stopped working. I took the glass out because I didn't want to pop it in fully and then break it again if the mirror had to come apart again. Upon entering the car the right mirror clicks loudly about 30 times, 2-3 times/sec.

I'm assuming that when I was prying off the glass or adjusting the mirror without the glass in all the way something in the actuator mechanism broke or got off track. Anyone deal with this issue specifically before? Searches just come up with issues with folding. Just hoping somebody has experience before I go taking the actuator apart like in this thread:

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1524591
Appreciate 0